Notices

Thread: Anyone on here into Electronics (Capacitors etc)

1. Anyone on here into Electronics (Capacitors etc) 
    Hi all,

I am in the process of fixing our washing machine. On the main PCB it had a capacitor gone.

I ordered another (not really knowing much about electronics) of the same values and rating. BUT when i got home to day to solder it in, it was a lot smaller than the previous.

I havent plugged the machine in as im sure the physical size of the capacitor must have some outlay on its storage capability?

Anyone have any ideas??

2. Re: Anyone on here into Electronics (Capacitors etc) 
    Platinum Member
    Andy I spent about 4 years on the bench repairing electronic equipment so have a good knowledge of electronic components, I will PM you my mobile and offer some advice if you wish, off up the pub in a few minutes so will check the WB site tomorrow morning

Taff

3. Re: Anyone on here into Electronics (Capacitors etc) 
    Sounds like you got a different type of capacitor. That will have a beaing on it's performance.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Anyone on here into Electronics (Capacitors etc) 
    Diamond Member
    check the voltage raiting on the side, this is about the only thing that would dictate the size of the capacitor if its the same uF rating....

5. Re: Anyone on here into Electronics (Capacitors etc) 
    Cheers for the replys guys!

Sorry Taffy i forgot i posted this! :

In the end i just soldiered it in stood well back and flicked the spur to................ON.

No probs, works fine. Been working fine since this post so im very happy with my free (£2 repair) washing machine!