Quote Originally Posted by Rossio
growing grass is easy roxy, spray off what grass is already there is the most important bit...keeps the new stuff weed free,good dose of cow "fertiliser", rotivate, for lawn grass you dont need to make tilth that deep,grass is very shallow rooting 2 or 3" will be fine, stick ur seed on n roll it down, when its dry obv otherwise your seed will stick to your roller,easy!and if you want to be really clever use an agricultural italian rye seed mix for where your bike goes over, its alot tougher and more durable compared to proper"lawn grass"

how big is your garden gate??? il bring the plough and the combi drill round.....be much faster ;D
LMAO - It's big but not that big!! ;D ;D but thanks for the offer [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The trouble I have is that as the top 4" of soil has already been removed, I have only a couple of inches (2-4&quot left of good soil then its pretty much clay . The ground can't be any higher or the 'sloping bend' would be too steep for the bike and I would end up on my arse on the ars6! ;D But if all I really need is 2-3" for the roots I'm hoping I may get away with it from what you have said ...we will see! I'll prep some more, buy some seed, throw it down, water it, and watch for the bowling green to appear!!! LOL

If all else fails...concrete!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Roxy x