Notices

Thread: removing materials from a property

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1313315556/18#18 date=1313425221]I'm guessing this is the stop tap for their mains supply. How can that be fitted in an un-satisfactory way?
    If you do go down the 'take back what's mine' route don't get any form of law involved as it is completely illegal.
    That's the trouble when dealing with office wallers. They've never done a proper days work, come home covered in crap then been told they're not getting paid.

Personally i'd try one more time to come to an amicable solution then walk away.

Someone should make a tv show about cowboy customers, there are plenty out there. >
    He said, they said, it had not been completed as per the quote. That's not the same as saying it's un-satisfactory. We don't know what the quote was for or what the client claims has not been done. There's always two sides to a story.

[/quote]
    But if they don't have their copy of the quote, how can they make that statement?
    Surely if something isn't done as expected that would come under the description of being un-satisfactory, as in 'I'm not satisfied that the work carried out, is what I asked you to do'
    Sounds like they're chancing their arm a bit.

2. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1313315556/19#19 date=1313425697][quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1313315556/18#18 date=1313425221]I'm guessing this is the stop tap for their mains supply. How can that be fitted in an un-satisfactory way?
    If you do go down the 'take back what's mine' route don't get any form of law involved as it is completely illegal.
    That's the trouble when dealing with office wallers. They've never done a proper days work, come home covered in crap then been told they're not getting paid.

Personally i'd try one more time to come to an amicable solution then walk away.

Someone should make a tv show about cowboy customers, there are plenty out there. >
    He said, they said, it had not been completed as per the quote. That's not the same as saying it's un-satisfactory. We don't know what the quote was for or what the client claims has not been done. There's always two sides to a story.

[/quote]
    But if they don't have their copy of the quote, how can they make that statement?
    Surely if something isn't done as expected that would come under the description of being un-satisfactory, as in 'I'm not satisfied that the work carried out, is what I asked you to do'
    Sounds like they're chancing their arm a bit.[/quote]

You might be right and if they really can't produce the quote they have little to back up any argument. Without having the details its impossible to say - we're just guessing. Maybe the quote was for internal plumbing including the fitting of a stop tap which has not been fitted at all or has been but in the wrong place. Who knows. Maybe Nite4watcher could enlighten us with the detail.

3. Re: removing materials from a property 
    I would write to the manager again with your bill enclosing your copy of the quote NiteW4tcher informing them the work has been carried out, as per quote, and that payment is now due.
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

4. Re: removing materials from a property 
    poking my nose in
    not sure but....
    whilst its still there there is a contract
    if you remove it you will have breeched that contract
    irrespective of right and wrongs there is still a contract until one party breeches it
    you have to decide is it worth it?
    there is trespass laws criminal damage laws so on and so forth that you will then leave yourself open to
    will they get legal aid?

a minefield

5. Re: removing materials from a property 
    well i have sent a letter to the manager.

he replied we will not be paying anything for the work carried out as it was not completed as per quote given.

and the argument over not as per quote is. the original quote says

"to replace 1 meter of 3/4 " galvernised iron pipe and fit new stop tap"

now in all fairness i did not measure the excact amout i cut out , as i cut out what needed to be cut out to be able to install the new tap etc.

they have measureed it as 1.3 m of pipe i replaced. so i have not done the job as per quoted.

SERIOUSLY!!! WTF >

they have found there "lost" quote and now they refuse to pay because i done more work than quoted im gob smacked i really am.

im rattling the cage and foaming at the mouth ready to kill them.

but im having to walk away as the amount owed really isn't worth it >

6. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Name and shame them!
    It really bugs me that these desk jockies think they can get away with this kind of thing. They like to hide behind emails and phone calls. Get them to meet face to face. You usually find they're not quite so brave.
    I do believe, what goes around comes around. They'll get theirs, don't worry. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Platinum Member
    What's the issue with using the small claims court?

8. Re: removing materials from a property 
    thats the difference between a quote and an estimate

9. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishbob
    thats the difference between a quote and an estimate
    a quote is basically a fixed price a estimate is exactly that a estimate...the price on paper could go up or down.

from now on im estimating it all....if there going to be so petty over .3 of a meter. not that im tarring every customer with the same brush but i think i ahve to

10. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Diamond Member
    as per my suggestion in the last post you made..... "remind" them with phone calls at "early" and "late" o'clock, and dont forget to say "dont worry if you keep forgetting im nice and i'll keep ringing you to remind you until you dont need me to remind you anymore".....
    im sure they might "remember" to pay you if you "remind" them all day long and evening, especially if they only have one phone line....