Notices

Thread: removing materials from a property

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    Professional guidance would always be better than internet forum responses so I would advise getting some. You can always start off with the Citizens Advice Bureau.
    +1.

Sound advice.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Hate to say it but unless there's a significant amount of money involved then i would let it drop rather than chase it through the courts. Ive been there and got the t shirt. You will pay the small claims court who will make a judgment, hopefully in your favour then if they still don't pay you end up going back to the court and applying for the Bailiffs to attend, this will cost you more money and no guarantee that they will pay up. Ive been done over recently for about £100 which i have written off. Unless we could get a ride out to a cafe near Lyneham for a WB breakfast ;D

3. Re: removing materials from a property 
    its £200 so i belive i best off just walking away and taking it as a lesson

4. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteW4tcher
    its £200 so i belive i best off just walking away and taking it as a lesson
    Just out of interest and being nosey....what excuse did they give you for not paying?

5. Re: removing materials from a property 
    they say the work was not completed as per quote. except i have hard copies of the quote for the work. as i carried out the work to the letter.

weird isnt it that when i ask them to produce there copy of the quote, its convniently been "lost"

6. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Platinum Member
    Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I presume you've asked them what they require you to do to sort it to their saitsfaction?

7. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Diamond Member
    If you decide to go to the small claims court (which is the County Court), you stand a better chance if you can prove you have tried to sort the matter out before it getting to the court. If you can provide copies of quotes, letters, offers to resolve differences etc., you are in a much stronger position to get the judge on your side especially if the other side cannot. You do need to be sure (and take a difficult unbiased view on this) that you are right and they are wrong, otherwise it will just be a waste of time and money for you.

8. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Another good point to note is do you have a small statement of your invoice like "All goods/materials remain the property of XX untill paid in full"

If not, pop one on. Always useful with self employed sparkys, plumbers or chippies etc.

9. Re: removing materials from a property 
    I'm guessing this is the stop tap for their mains supply. How can that be fitted in an un-satisfactory way?
    If you do go down the 'take back what's mine' route don't get any form of law involved as it is completely illegal.
    That's the trouble when dealing with office wallers. They've never done a proper days work, come home covered in crap then been told they're not getting paid.

Personally i'd try one more time to come to an amicable solution then walk away.

Someone should make a tv show about cowboy customers, there are plenty out there. >

10. Re: removing materials from a property 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    I'm guessing this is the stop tap for their mains supply. How can that be fitted in an un-satisfactory way?
    If you do go down the 'take back what's mine' route don't get any form of law involved as it is completely illegal.
    That's the trouble when dealing with office wallers. They've never done a proper days work, come home covered in crap then been told they're not getting paid.

Personally i'd try one more time to come to an amicable solution then walk away.

Someone should make a tv show about cowboy customers, there are plenty out there. >
    He said, they said, it had not been completed as per the quote. That's not the same as saying it's un-satisfactory. We don't know what the quote was for or what the client claims has not been done. There's always two sides to a story.