Notices

Thread: i saw an adder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: i saw an adder 
    Quote Originally Posted by @bj
    Don't think I've ever seen an Adder in the wild - used to keep slow worms as a kid... gotta be careful when hunting them though - never grab by the tail - as they can pull off the 'ol tail detachy trick...

Saw a cute baby lizard at the bottom of my garden a few years ago - must have been not much more than an inch in size - my inability to capture a decent picture with a phone camera (too close - unable to focus - further away - came out like a pin dot) was the trigger for me to buy a DSLR camera that I had been musing on & off about buying for a while..

That was 3 years ago - now every holiday or walk in the country is a photo oppertunity - a purchase decision I've never regretted...

On a ride out yesterday came across a scotty dog called Kevin in Burton on the Water...
    i run Dslrs to love photography ,i have a fair shot of a lizzy ,got loads around here on sailsbury plain .Wot camera did you buy ?

2. Re: i saw an adder 
    Hi wiggs... Canon 40D...

3. Re: i saw an adder 
    Got a good bunch of lizard shots I took 3 years ago on Dellos... care for a lizard slam..?

4. Re: i saw an adder 
    Platinum Member
    I got some good pictures of lizards basking on rocks by the shore of lake Garda. No idea where the pictures are now though.

Never seen a snake in the wild over here, one slithered out into the road in front of us while riding in Italy. Big bugger it was, about a metre long, bloody fast as well!
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

5. Re: i saw an adder 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=Ryan9T9 link=1313511843/12#12 date=1313963869]his dad found it at 5am when putting his trousers on
    Ah yes... The lesser spotted trouser snake.... ;D[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: i saw an adder 
    Good camera the 40d

7. Re: i saw an adder 
    You missed a trick there Rossio. Haven't you seen Mr Bear Grylls? Snakes are great for storing your urine in, as when you get thirsty, especially after all that hard work in the fields, you have a ready quenching drink for yourself.

8. Re: i saw an adder 
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry87
    You missed a trick there Rossio. Haven't you seen Mr Bear Grylls? Snakes are great for storing your urine in, as when you get thirsty, especially after all that hard work in the fields, you have a ready quenching drink for yourself.
    Just to be clear...

Are you saying - your own urine is a thirst quenching drink..?

9. Re: i saw an adder 
    dont fancy drinking urine.......hmmmmm odd

10. Re: i saw an adder 
    in emergencies it can save your life apparently.....