Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
That's fine - but it does come across as extremely patronising, whether intentionally or not. And that's what gets my back up.

I work hard for my money, and I do save. And I do also like to have a life as well, which I am entitled to do!

If i want to save a bit less, and get some bike bits, I am allowed to do that! And if I want to look at alternative options to getting a mortgage without spending years saving and living with no 'extras' in life, I am allowed to do that. I don't go out drinking, I haven't had a holiday in 2 years and I am paying for a wedding so yeah, from time to time, I might have a track day, or treat myself to something. I don't think 2 free afternoons at castle combe is excessive!
Of course, as I have said a number of times, it's all your choice as to what you do and how you do it. We all live and are responsible for our own decisions in life.

My choice is to be in the "Save now, Buy later" culture and not the "Have now, Pay later" culture.

I also wish I had had the benefit of so much actual experience as you obviously have at such a young age. All the personal knowledge of bad Solicitors, bad IFA's, bad Teachers, bad Doctor's, bad Public Servants etc will, I'm sure, stand you in good stead for the rest of your life. Good luck to you - I wish you all the best in your future endevours.