Notices

Thread: London riots

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
  1. Re: London riots 
    Platinum Member
    After reeding this thread and watching various news I have this to say, I believe there was only one riot and the rest was consumer looting.

For the people who complain about the European bill of human rights this question sticks in my mind about Europe, why is it only Britain, well England in this case that has been the only country to do this? Surely this points to thing(s) wrong in our country. The only other Western country I know that this happens (Consumer looting) is America and the cops there are not afraid to shoot.

I am not sticking up for the rioters (or Consumer looters) I hope the get punished for there actions and not a slap on the wrist, people died last week, lost their homes and possessions, businesses were damaged, peoples local town centres destroyed, the list goes on. I just feel by using violence on this situation you are burying the problems, last thing we want is looters on the street with guns, after all a gun was part of the catalyst that started this.

Just my thoughts.

2. Re: London riots 
    Agree Taffy! Look today on the news they think that the rioters/looters got a harsh prision sentence! Come on!!!

Nothing harsh about it....

This country is too soft....

I would say try this in America and look at the prision sentence, it will be massive!

3. Re: London riots 
    Diamond Member
    Problem is our prisons are full - that's Why Ken Clarke proposed to reduce sentences. Do we pay for more to be built?

4. Re: London riots 
    Chatterbox
    The rioter’s prayer:

Our father, who art in prison,
    my mum knows not his name,
    thy Riots come, read it in the Sun,
    in Birmingham, as it is in London,
    give us this day our Welfare bread & forgive us our looting,
    as we're happy to loot those who defend stuff against us,
    lead us not into employment but deliver us free housing,
    for thine is the teles, the Burberry & the Bacardi,
    forever and ever...
    Innit....
    Everything else is shyte

5. Re: London riots 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kev
    The rioter’s prayer:

Our father, who art in prison,
    my mum knows not his name,
    thy Riots come, read it in the Sun,
    in Birmingham, as it is in London,
    give us this day our Welfare bread & forgive us our looting,
    as we're happy to loot those who defend stuff against us,
    lead us not into employment but deliver us free housing,
    for thine is the teles, the Burberry & the Bacardi,
    forever and ever...
    Innit....
    haha, that is ace xD

6. Re: London riots 
    According to Prince Charles..all these assholes in gangs are just "crying out for help"....wonder how he would feel about the hooded crim scum if they burned "The Palace" to the ground..mugged his mum and nicked all her fancy Jewellery ?
    Some people like Charlie and that fat twat Ken Clarke are detached from reality >

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23352124/

7. Re: London riots 
    Quote Originally Posted by wasted_ace
    According to Prince Charles..all these assholes in gangs are just "crying out for help"....wonder how he would feel about the hooded crim scum if they burned "The Palace" to the ground..mugged his mum and nicked all her fancy Jewellery ?
    Some people like Charlie and that fat twat Ken Clarke are detached from reality >

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23352124/
    Prince Charles called them assholes? +1 for Charlie boy! ;D

I'm really enjoying the look of shock on the looters faces as they get dragged out of bed by the cops. I honestly believe they think that it was ok because "everyone else was doing it"

All they've done is reduced our rights to protest and given the government more powers to push us around.

8. Re: London riots 
    Platinum Member
    wasted_ace wrote
    Some people like Charlie and that fat twat Ken Clarke are detached from reality
    The sad thing is most of parliament and the House of Lords are made up of Public School boys and girls who don’t know what it is like to be a normal person in Briton. Where are the MP’s in parliament who have had run of the mill normal jobs and went to comprehensive school, very few and far between I know that much. We are represented by people who do not know much about our life styles that’s for sure.

Mini rant over

9. Re: London riots 
    Diamond Member
    I’m not a Ken Clarke fan by any means but, he knows that the UK has one of the biggest prison populations (85,000) in the western world and that our prisons are full to capacity.
    It costs £65,000 to imprison a person in this country once police, court costs and all the other steps are taken into account. After that it costs a further £40,000 for each year they spend incarcerated. If the growth in the prison population is not reversed then more prisons will have to be built, at a huge expense.

Jordan Blackshaw and Perry Sutcliffe-Keenan were both convicted of inciting a riot on Facebook and jailed for 4 years each. If both served the full term the cost to the tax payer equates to loose change shy of half a million quid.

The country is bankrupt – it’s ok to keep calling for stiffer sentences, but would we accept a rise in taxes to pay for it?

10. Re: London riots 
    Diamond Member
    Just heard that Tottenham signed a new Italian striker - Grabatelli