Notices

Thread: London riots

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Re: London riots 
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    Kicked off in Brum to ain't they Rabb ?

The wringing hand wet weekend lot are out bleating.

A plod was shot at with, I guess, an illegal firearm and fortunately survived but the alleged attacker is taken out.Wonder what would've happened if the plod was killed and the attacker had escaped ? :-?

Remember what happened to PC Keith Blakelock [R.I.P.] and the subsequent legal debacle and silence from 'community' last time at Broadwater Farm plus the £millions thrown at the area ever since...these places are a tinderbox that have been allowed to grow.

R.I.P Keith Blakelock.

2. Re: London riots 
    paddy came round today, he went looting in argos...... said he has about 500 catalouges and 6 stubby pens going cheap

3. Re: London riots 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossio
    paddy came round today, he went looting in argos...... said he has about 500 catalouges and 6 stubby pens going cheap

That Paddy must be doing ok for himself then.... I heard he smashed in his laptop screen trying to loot ebay as well ;D

4. Re: London riots 
    I just heared that Scousers are refusing to travel to London on Saturday for the Spurs Vs Everton match due to fears that all the best stuff has already been stolen
    ;D ;D ;D

5. Re: London riots 
    On a serious note , the lad who got shot was carrying a short barrelled weapon... The police have a split second to react, it's a case of 'is it real, is it a replica?' ' is it loaded? is there a round in the chamber?' 'is his safety off and will he use it' in this time the guy who is a potential threat to anyone near him could fire a shot and wound or kill anyone....

The police made a judgement call, there is no info to say how or in what way he was challenged and if the guy was a genuine threat , if the police rules of engagement are similar to that of the armed forces guarding their bases in UK , there will be no need to issue a challenge prior to opening fire , as in the time it takes to say 'POLICE STOP OR WE FIRE' the assailant could have 3 shots or more from a self loading weapon....

The Police Officers actions potentially saved the life of his comrades and of course his own.

It's sad that anyone loses a life , but as has been said before, you live by the sword.... you die by the sword!

6. Re: London riots 
    Saw a bit of the commons debate last night..... I have to say it seems hypocritical to me for MP's to lecture and postulate about the morality of theft when that bunch claimed tens of thousands of pounds for duck houses, moats, televisions, etc.... and then blocked attempts by the police to investigate fully.

Then to compound the felony they allow the likes of vodaphone and other city tycoons to avoid millions in tax and go un-punished. They then have the nerve to stand there and rant about the full weight of the law being applied to the looters. I say this, the worse looter in this country are located in wesminster! And they will never feel the weight of the law!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: London riots 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    Saw a bit of the commons debate last night..... I have to say it seems hypocritical to me for MP's to lecture and postulate about the morality of theft when that bunch claimed tens of thousands of pounds for duck houses, moats, televisions, etc.... and then blocked attempts by the police to investigate fully.

Then to compound the felony they allow the likes of vodaphone and other city tycoons to avoid millions in tax and go un-punished. They then have the nerve to stand there and rant about the full weight of the law being applied to the looters. I say this, the worse looter in this country are located in wesminster! And they will never feel the weight of the law!
    +1

8. Re: London riots 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W

I am not condoning the expenses scandal, the phone tapping, police corruption etc, however by-and-large politicians, journalists, [bent] coppers will have helped to bring some civility and wealth to this country.

A load of lazy, work-shy drug-users who shun every attempt at becoming useful members of society and then riot, bring nothing and infact reduce the quality of life for all of us.

In fairness to politicians (god, i'm selling my soul), I am aware of none that set fire to a family business with a family asleep above.

9. Re: London riots 
    Diamond Member
    In a non direct way, they probably have. The probs they've caused will have driven more than a few to torch their businesses for insurance, only to end up getting caught & jailed.

Their hands are by no means clean, however it is much easier to deal with a direct issue than an indirect one...

10. Re: London riots 
    Quote Originally Posted by pilninggas
    I am not condoning the expenses scandal, the phone tapping, police corruption etc, however by-and-large politicians, journalists, [bent] coppers will have helped to bring some civility and wealth to this country.

A load of lazy, work-shy drug-users who shun every attempt at becoming useful members of society and then riot, bring nothing and infact reduce the quality of life for all of us.

In fairness to politicians (god, i'm selling my soul), I am aware of none that set fire to a family business with a family asleep above.
    It's not the statements condemming the actions taking that I think are hypocracy. It's the false morality of these people. Low payed workers are facing a cut in living standards because of the deficit, but at the same time, the rich and Mp's can claim lavish expensise and avoid taxes legally. Prehaps I'm morally misguided, but is seems so wrong to me.

I'll ask anyone. What does a Eton and Oxford educated minister know about poverty?? What does the same person know about avoiding tax??

Answers on a poastcard.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"