Notices

Thread: Smoking

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Re: Smoking 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Morticia link=1316505918/46#46 date=1316727897]I was talking to a lady at work who claims eroin works out cheaper than ciggies. WTF?!
    scarily enough, it's actually better for you too. [/quote]

Shame its illegal i suppose..........and since I have been smoking I never been asked to put my house up as 'for bail' for a stupid person who got caught trying to smuggle it into the country (this was many many years ago)

2. Re: Smoking 
    aha the ever present 'smoking' thread as found everywhere---yawn!!!!!

Yeah it is bad for you--I don't need money wasted by governments with info on it.

Yeah it is ludicrously taxed by thieving governments[400%-IF 80% is duty and vat] to fund the killing of innocent foreigners--strange use of punitive taxation under the guise of helping the nations health but then using some of the tax to inflict wholesale slaughter on peasants elsewhere.

Some revenue is used for NHS --fair enough and it keeps plenty employed who would otherwise be on the dole as everyone would be so healthy

So we have punitive taxation of a minority group using a legal product because 'smokers' are deemed by government to cost the state money. Mmmmmm interesting --- now obviously this logic must be expanded to include others that 'cost the state money' --where to begin ???? A Muslim tax as their terrorist threat to our civilisation is undoubtedly 'costing money', an old person tax cos they obviously cost money and are a burden and will increasingly be so as has already been highlighted by government...

hey!! hey!!!let's have a dysfunctional family tax ---no no better give 'em all cheap fags to end their worthless lives really early--save the state a fortune ---nice idea that ;D----this can also apply to serial offenders :P

Fact:- Statistically smokers die younger and are less of a burden to the state as the legal use of tobacco is taxed to fund any percieved/expected cost to the state.
    They will require less pension and over the time care costs than healthy long lived non productive pensioners.
    They also help in trade and employment globally.
    An aged population is not good for any population--this is another topic really but can be applied here.
    The early deaths are also of benefit to the worlds ever expanding population problem. Apparently 25% of Chinese will die :-? thru smoking--this may be of some benefit in the 'big picture'

:-* :-* :-*
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

3. Re: Smoking 
    Well, I gave up the fags after they nearly killed me, but I'm buggered if i'm giving up bikes!!!

4. Re: Smoking 
    p.s. whilst I'm on a roll ;D

Doubt the NHS figures are absolutely correct that Ken put up knowing the hysteria around smoking.

Tax revenue being used to treat users of illegal products such as heroin [although licensed medical use]--the production of which has been hugely escalated thanks to our interference in Afghanshoiteland-----utterly bizarre.

Surely these 'users' treatment ought to be paid by 'concerned rellys' as the State should only be concerned with stopping trade. It only terminates c.120k p.a.out of the estmated c.50 million users--not enough to assist in overpopulation problem

whoa !!!!! let us not forget the potential to introduce a Fat Tax cos them fatties are going to cost the State -- no wonder half the world is starving---no pies left
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

5. Re: Smoking 
    Diamond Member
    "Doubt the NHS figures are absolutely correct that Ken put up knowing the hysteria around smoking."

Ye Col, I too have reservations regarding the accuracy of the figures I quoted from the reports (so do the authors, as they are estimated).

About 10 years ago, I sustained an ankle sprain of such severity to necessitate a visit to my local surgery. Before I had time to secure a comfortable posture in the patient’s chair, the Doc asks, “Do you smoke or drink alcohol?”

How the bl**dy hell did he know that I was searching the house for my backy in a drunken stupor and fell over the dog? ;D

6. Re: Smoking 
    Is it time for a fag ... yea man .... ;D ;D
    If it has a red line use it ....