Notices

Thread: Smoking

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: Smoking 
    what a good thread

2. Re: Smoking 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    [quote author=monday21 link=1316505918/20#20 date=1316547960][quote author=Ryan9T9 link=1316505918/15#15 date=1316546776]LOL, Bikes are good for you! fags lead to lung cancer and emphysema
    Sorry to play the role of devil's advocate but the RTA statistics don't help your argument. [/quote]

Smoking-related diseases kill thousands more people every year than die on bikes. Fact. Your argument is feeble and flawed. It's a ****ing revolting habit anyway, merely a form of drug addiction that makes the industry billions, not cool, not hip, not remotely attractive, plus it makes you stink - ask any non-smoker who has to be in close proximity to someone who does.[/quote]

Scotty, you have taken my previous comments out of context. I am not disputing the fact that thousands more people die as a direct result of smoking than die on bikes. Moreover, despite the fact that I am a nicotine addict, I would discourage anyone from starting to smoke.

My post was a direct response to Rinksy’s submission. With the greatest respect to Rinksy, I’m sure that even he would agree that his statement, “Bikes are good for you” is ambiguous and is therefore, open to different interpretations. In light of the fact that a biker is 25 times more likely to die than a car driver, I don’t agree with you that my response was “feeble.” That said I respect your opinion, even if you do feel the need to use foul language to get your point across.

3. Re: Smoking 
    Platinum Member
    I smoke, and I enjoy it - I class it as an expensive hobby!

4. Re: Smoking 
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishbob
    what a good thread
    It was. Until you, someone who i have never even met, started threatening me. I'm glad that, at the moment, you don't live near me.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

5. Re: Smoking 
    well said nelly

6. Re: Smoking 
    i love a good debate but i do agree with Ken why is there a need for foul language, i hear enough of it at work, now i`ve got to read it on here.

ps well said Nelly [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

7. Re: Smoking 
    Chatterbox
    A good thread ?

Not one mention of Joe Frazier... WTF ! :
    Everything else is shyte

8. Re: Smoking 
    I have stopped smoking for nearly 2 years and quite proud of the fact but for you "cornishnob" i will make an exception.
    If i ever see you on a ride-out i will personally blow an entire cigarette over you ;D ;D ;D

9. Re: Smoking 
    i'll look forward to it

10. Re: Smoking 
    Platinum Member
    I am not disputing the fact that thousands more people die as a direct result of smoking than die on bikes.
    One thing needs to be made clear here.
    Cigarettes are pretty much unique in the fact that they cannot be used safely when used as intended.
    Bikes, knives and guns etc. can all be used safely and put to good use.
    That's an important distinction I think and makes cigarettes unique.

However we should have choice and tolerance and that's what we are all fighting for on Sunday right?

People that smoke should be allowed to do so as long as they don't harm others and make a contribution to the NHS via the tax.

I can't believe there is any argument about this when we are fighting for choice on Sunday.