Thread: Great deal for the poor!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Great deal for the poor! 
    looks like im getting a pay rise :P

2. Re: Great deal for the poor! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel-nut
    looks like im getting a pay rise :P
    Hazel, you will be able to afford a nice new bike now with all that extra cash ;D :P

3. Re: Great deal for the poor! 
    what's a payrise

nowt extra for last 18 months and that was after c.5 years of none---on the brightside new supply contracts been signed along with higher prices plus some expansion

perils of private sector that you have to produce profitably and operate within strict budgets unlike public sector that generally enjoy annual increases irrespective of improved performance, efficiency, and use to private sector------what :-? :-?
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

4. Re: Great deal for the poor! 
    Diamond Member
    Who saw panorama? Thousands of workers across the spectrum of industries not receiving the statuary minimum wage. Seven firms prosecuted in ten years >

5. Re: Great deal for the poor! 
    Not if a London tube driver Ken. Old Crow ,on £140k+ and believed to live in a council house [housing association] , has wangled a pay deal that'll send them upto c.£50k in a few years--already 'drivers' are c.£45k --- don't think it's much more than 32 hours/week either---nice work
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

6. Re: Great deal for the poor! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    Not if a London tube driver Ken. Old Crow ,on £140k+ and believed to live in a council house [housing association] , has wangled a pay deal that'll send them upto c.£50k in a few years--already 'drivers' are c.£45k --- don't think it's much more than 32 hours/week either---nice work
    I think the fact that you mentioned Bob Crow lives in a council house reveals a lot. Bet the old Etonians in the cabinet will be choking on their cornflakes this morning at the thought of a council tenant earning £140,000. Must be one house that Thatcher never sold. :P