Notices

Thread: Anti-speeding volunteers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    Diamond Member
    Have to admit I hate speeding bikes and cars through my village. So many times I have been close to being wiped out by someone going too fast near a particularly dangerous blind junction to a roundabout. It's signposted well just that many of them ignore the signs and the black tyre marks on the main road junction is testimony to the number of near misses. It's now a common site for these HiViz privateers with a speed camera.

Having said all that, I still think there must be something a little odd in these people's make up to make them actually want to do this job. Something not quite "normal" ;D ;D ;D

2. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    I might stand out in my road at the weekend, pointing Lou's hairdryer at cars to see what they do...
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellybambam
    I might stand out in my road at the weekend, pointing Lou's hairdryer at cars to see what they do...
    hahahahha ;D make sure you wear hi-viz or it won't be convincing

4. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellybambam
    See what I mean...not quite "normal" ;D

5. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    Active Member Thorkill_The_Tall's Avatar
    Community Speedwatch Volunteers are trained to use the equipment by Police Officers from Traffic.
    In Wiltshire, they are normally only positioned in our rural villages, only in 30 and 40 MPH zones during daylight hours and if it isn't raining, where concern has been raised over speeding motorists. (an all-encompassing term that includes motorcycles)
    Wiltshire Police allow 2 MPH + 10% , so the CSW bods will only note your number if you are doing over 35 in a 30 and so on.

One strike and you get a letter.
    Two strikes and you get another letter.
    Third strike you get a visit from a nice Policeman.
    It's down to them if they prosescute.

Try to imagine how you would react if it was your child who had been mown down by a speeding motorist, whilst on their way to school or the playground.

A personal view only:
    Respect the urban areas, especially when you know people are about.
    When you are on the open road and conditions allow, do what you like as long as you don't act like a knob.