Notices

Thread: Anti-speeding volunteers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Anti-speeding volunteers 
    Diamond Member
    Could someone please enlighten me? On my way home from work today I passed 3 community volunteers who were watching out for speeding vehicles. In addition to recording the speed of a vehicle, does the gun they use photograph the registration plate? Fortunately for me, I was well within the permitted speed limit – I was just curious.

2. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    Yeah Ken. I think these volunteers note the numbers of speeding cars. They then send them to the local constabulary who write you a nice letter telling you that you have been naughty.
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    Platinum Member
    Am I right in thinking that this evidence won't stand up in court as so many registration plates have been copied wrongly by the volunteers in the past that the Police tend to ignore them?
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

4. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Am I right in thinking that this evidence won't stand up in court as so many registration plates have been copied wrongly by the volunteers in the past that the Police tend to ignore them?
    That was going to be my next question. Surely it is open to legal challenge? What safeguard is there against one of the volunteers writing down the reg of the Milkman who run off with his wife? :P :

5. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    I could be wrong but I think the idea is to see how many people speed and if it warrants a speed camera being put in or more police speed checks done in that area

6. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel-nut
    I could be wrong but I think the idea is to see how many people speed and if it warrants a speed camera being put in or more police speed checks done in that area

thats what i was thinking.......i just stare at them as i trug past in 1st gear slipping the clutch hahah eat scorpion ;D im so childish at times

7. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    No charge can be brought as far as i am aware, but, i think that if the [s]noisy sods[/s] volunteers see you a few times then the police come along to see if you are indeed being a little speedy
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

8. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    i got a letter from the police after getting caught by them in goatacher (sorry proberly spelt that wrong),saying if i get caught again i will be put on the serial speeders list,no action was taken ,just a warning.

9. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    Diamond Member
    Basically a deterrent then. Thanks for the info

10. Re: Anti-speeding volunteers 
    Diamond Member
    Never seen any of these, would pull over for a chat if i did hahah!