Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    I thought the anti-EU camp are the cynics
    It purely depends on which side of the fence you are sitting

2. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Platinum Member
    Hehe being optimistic is the only way I can keep may sanity, I've grown up in a mess of a country and as far as I can see the only way is up so let's get moving xD

3. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Platinum Member
    I'm all for the EU. Just not the one on offer.

I don't think we'll ever have a self sufficient manufacturing based economy again, the reason we were world rulers in production and engineering was because we had a vast empire, so had access to cheap labour and materials. Since returning control of those countries to the people that actually live there, we no longer have a mass of natural resources and labour to plunder.

America is doing just this now, all the countries America has recently invaded as part of it's 'war on terror' have masses of resources modern western technologies need. And most of them have governments the US helped put in place to start with to act as local puppets, empire building by the back door basically.

As a stand-alone country, we're screwed. I can't think of one thing we have to offer the rest of the world that can't be bought somewhere else. There needs to be a unified Europe to remain independent of China and India's rapidly expanding economies and America's war-mongering and we need to be part of it or we'll get eaten alive, together we stand - divided we fall.

However, it's abundantly clear that the EU as it stands is a complete mess. A lot of that is down to the varied tribes, languages and customs present. In North America you can drive from one side of the continent to the other and everyone will speak basically the same, not so over here. But I think the main reason the EU has failed is the people in control creating problem that don't exist, purely so they can then 'solve' them later with bull**** legislation and so justify their extremely well paid jobs.

'Spare thumb' manager syndrome basically, there's at least one in every big company and thousands spread throughout the Euro government (and the governments of all member states), constantly renaming, restructuring and generally wasting resources in order to hide their own pointlessness. Get rid of them and a lot of the 'problems' will vanish, I'm sure.

The latest EU bike legislation proposals are a prime example of this. They've all but admitted there is no real evidence to justify the stupid rules they want to introduce, so are now using 'theory' to justify the rulings. Basically, they're now making stuff up, creating problems that aren't there in order to keep their jobs. (http://www.righttoride.eu/?p=7691)
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

4. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Banned
    Sept. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Pippa Malmgren, president and founder of Principalis Asset Management, talks about the risk of bank failures and sovereign default in Europe. She speaks with Maryam Nemazee on Bloomberg Television's "The Pulse."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRv1OLI1Gds