Notices

Thread: UK Leave EU?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Just a thought... why, when we had the lib-dem highly expensive referendum on proportional representation about a year ago, didn't there include, on the ballot paper, boxes to tick on other issues such as membership of the EU, capital punishment, immigration.. etc , maybe there would have been a half decent turnout. :-? :-? :-?
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

2. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYJAY
    Hmmm - some food for thought. Dunno that our trade would vbe that good with a collapsed europe!! We may well be one of the richest countries in the world but the majority of our population never feel it - what with government after government spending that wealth on being the worlds policeman!!

There are countries far lower on the wealth scale with a far higher standard of living - broke Iceland for instance!!

When will we ever get a government that will govern for OUR benefit rather that their own popularity and re-election?

Forget arguments about the EU - look closer to home to find our real enemy
    Agreed. The Eu isn't the real issue. Before the Uk can do anything about the EU we need to get our own house in order. People must remember we run a HUGE trade deficit and rely on service industry. We need to be looking at the German economic model. They managed to sort their hose out and now they are the strongest econimy in europe and one of the strongest in the world!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYJAY
    Hmmm - some food for thought. Dunno that our trade would vbe that good with a collapsed europe!! We may well be one of the richest countries in the world but the majority of our population never feel it - what with government after government spending that wealth on being the worlds policeman!!

There are countries far lower on the wealth scale with a far higher standard of living - broke Iceland for instance!!

When will we ever get a government that will govern for OUR benefit rather that their own popularity and re-election?

Everything else is shyte

4. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Platinum Member
    I wouldnt quite phrase it as rats leaving a sinking ship but one by one they are disappearing up their own chuff - we need to become England again and leave them to their own problems rather than try to subsidise theirs with the tiny country's budget we have.

5. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    On todays BBC news... Another prime example of why we need out of EU control....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15120522

>

6. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Platinum Member
    Jay Jay wrote

To me this is the real problem, not the EU.

Plus I also believe governments put big business before the voters

7. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ_Biker
    Jay Jay wrote

To me this is the real problem, not the EU.

Plus I also believe governments put big business before the voters
    Check todays news! The government couldnt do anything for our benefit even if they wanted to because of Brussels sticking their dirty little fingers in our pies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15120522

A little bit of light reading. This is the kind of thing that shouts the UK needs to pull out of Europe 100% before things here will ever start to look good again.

8. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Platinum Member
    But any UK citizen could move to another European and do the same. It’s a level playing field.

Wonder how much other countries spend on this?

9. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    [quote Check todays news! The government couldnt do anything for our benefit even if they wanted to because of Brussels sticking their dirty little fingers in our pies.
    [/quote]

Not absolutely true---quite simply walk away from it and tear up any tosh about it in U.K. law as these gimps [our government] are the legislators.

What are the E.U. muppets going to do ????---invade us , stop their own businesses here, surround our islands---I'd like to know exactly what they would do---mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think !!!!

Oh yeah---foook all ;D within minutes they would be at each others throats --brilliant

Clearly this is the only sensible and least cost solution to the E.U. spectre

All in favour say 'Aye' 8-)

I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

10. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ_Biker
    But any UK citizen could move to another European and do the same. It’s a level playing field.

Wonder how much other countries spend on this?
    Thats the point tho, foreign nationals flock to this country for one reason or another and in large numbers from some and a good portion claim benefits(summising from what i see around me). How many british do you think would leave this country to go to another that offers less than they do here? Go on have a guess. Not only that i dont think benefits claims in this country extend to paying for plane or euro tunnel fares . It should be that an imigrant to any country that wishes to claim benefits has their benefit paid by their own government/tax payers and not us!