I can't really judge either way as I don't know enough about global economics. However I look at this way. I don't believe that in 500 years time there will be an England or a Russia or a United States of America in todays terms or thinking. I believe the only way the world will survive (if it survives) will be to one day become united and work as a whole. Or it dies. This process is purely an economic version of the Darwinian theory of evolution which I personally also prescribe to. Therefore the only unknown factor is timescale. The history books of the 25th century will summarise what we are going through now in one or two paragraphs. I really do think all we are going through now is a change towards a single global economy which will inevitably result in a single State, Federation or whatever you want to call it. Yes, it will be a bumpy road, but overtime the trend is there to see. In my opinion. I might well be wrong ( and I'm not saying I like the idea either) but I won't be alive to know it