I think it's a far too complicated a situation for many people to have a true understanding and therefore informed opinion on what would really be the right way to go. And even then there would still be differing views. If it really was that simple we would'nt be in this situation. We vote the government in, we all knew which parties wanted to join and which did'nt so we got what the majority voted for (or more accurately, the party with the biggest individual collection of minority votes). I certainly don't have anywhere near enough knowledge to form an informed opinion. Its easy to pick on just one part of an argument that we perceive as being negative and then come to the conclusion that the whole thing is bad.

The only thing I would prefer us to do is make our minds up which it's going to be. We are either in or out - all this sitting on the fence with one foot in and one foot out is never going to work longterm.

My uninformed opinion is that we should be in Europe and join the Euro. I can't see the the former giant that was Great Britain decades ago being able to survive against a United Europe (not now but will be at some point in the future I'm sure) the USA, China, India and the other rapidly developing countries in Asia. We don't manufacture hardly anything anymore, we are a service economy and I don't think we would survive on our own.