Notices

Thread: UK Leave EU?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. UK Leave EU? 
    Diamond Member
    Even before its inception back in 1999, I believed that the Euro would fail and as it nears collapse, I’m surprised it has survived this long. Monetary union will never succeed without fiscal union and fiscal union within the EU community will never happen because the member states have different economies and priorities.

Personally, I hope it is the beginning of the end of the EU, I’m sick and tired of unaccountable eurocrats interfering in my daily life. Last Sunday’s demo being a case in point. Should our government hold a referendum on whether or not the UK should withdraw from the EU? And if so, should we withdraw?

2. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    Even before its inception back in 1999, I believed that the Euro would fail and as it nears collapse, I’m surprised it has survived this long. Monetary union will never succeed without fiscal union and fiscal union within the EU community will never happen because the member states have different economies and priorities.

Personally, I hope it is the beginning of the end of the EU, I’m sick and tired of unaccountable eurocrats interfering in my daily life. Last Sunday’s demo being a case in point. Should our government hold a referendum on whether or not the UK should withdraw from the EU? And if so, should we withdraw?
    + 1

3. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Platinum Member
    Imo yes we should withdraw, by being part of the EU we have gained ... well nothing of any consequence and lost our freedom do to what we like with our country.
    From where I'm stood it seems that by leaving the EU we would no longer be obligated to assist other countries in a financial/economical crap heap when we are barely staying afloat ourselves.
    We are considered one of the richest countries in the world and yes we are, but just because we are a rich country doesn't mean we are in an economicaly stable situation. Until such a time as we have a stableized our own country we need to get out of a position where we are obliged to sort out other countries in tandem with our own.
    (And then politely decline the invitation to rejoin when we are sorted :P)

4. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    I think we should stick our sprint shoes on, and get out as quick as our little Anglo-Saxon legs can take us...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

5. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    I think we should stick our sprint shoes on, and get out as quick as our little Anglo-Saxon legs can take us...
    lol agee! ;D
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

6. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    I don't just dislike the EU, I bloody hate it. It's done nothing positive for us. >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

7. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Oh, I see, don't hold back ;D

8. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    +1

9. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    It would be of significant financial advantage if we pulled out and removed E.U. imposed industry costs and review all other legislation that has been imposed thanks to our successive weak ,or self interest which is more the case, governments.

Who of sound mind pays a £1 to get back c.60p --- the economics of a lunatic asylum.

By not being a member there would be no job losses , no loss of trade as many companies are in foreign ownership anyway, no CAP which would save £15 billion alone

London is a major money industry centre whatever you feel about these banks/institutions they could generate much more if freed from future 'levies' about to be imposed in order to keep the E.U. going...invariably some ,if not all, will be passed onto their customers :

Never have agreed with it and glad it is now looking very unstable---it has been a disaster for us- the sooner it collapses the better ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

10. Re: UK Leave EU? 
    Hmmm - some food for thought. Dunno that our trade would vbe that good with a collapsed europe!! We may well be one of the richest countries in the world but the majority of our population never feel it - what with government after government spending that wealth on being the worlds policeman!!

There are countries far lower on the wealth scale with a far higher standard of living - broke Iceland for instance!!

When will we ever get a government that will govern for OUR benefit rather that their own popularity and re-election?

Forget arguments about the EU - look closer to home to find our real enemy