Notices

Thread: Apple

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Apple 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=DaytonaDog link=1317805394/14#14 date=1318096044]Its a phone!!!!
    That's true, if that's all you want from your handset. But I use my phone for email, web browsing, satnav, making calls, watching films & television, listening to music & radio, playing games, reading books etc.

I just find it easier to have 1 gadget that can do it all, whereas you probably have lots of products for each of those things.

One solution isn't better than another, just horses for courses.... [/quote]

I was being tongue in cheek. maybe a smiley would of helped. The joy of forum posts I suppose as you cant always guage the context.

I actually have an Iphone and an Ipod, however I'm not going to lose any sleep over whether or not the next release is a 4G, 4S, 4xyz, or whatever they choose to call it and I'm not going to lose any sleep other whether its better that an Android or HTC or whatever. Having said that its amazing when you think how far the development of phones has progressed when I consider my first ever mobile phone was the size of a house brick which could not fit into a pocket and people got excited over the polyphonic ringtones. I also appreciate my ipod for the fact that I can carry a large music collection around with me in a very small piece of kit.

2. Re: Apple 
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    Hang on.... I had an i test in specsavers.... does that count!! ;D ;D ;D
    And i have brought a iRON in Argos, white as well with a couple of red and green led's

3. Re: Apple 
    Diamond Member
    @Daytona Dog - funnily enough, I was just having a conversation with someone the other day about how far technology has come. It wasn't that long ago that you were considered cool if your phone could play Snake!

4. Re: Apple 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaDog
    [quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1317805394/28#28 date=1318146727][quote author=DaytonaDog link=1317805394/14#14 date=1318096044]Its a phone!!!!
    That's true, if that's all you want from your handset. But I use my phone for email, web browsing, satnav, making calls, watching films & television, listening to music & radio, playing games, reading books etc.

I just find it easier to have 1 gadget that can do it all, whereas you probably have lots of products for each of those things.

One solution isn't better than another, just horses for courses.... [/quote]

I had one of the original Motorola or Vodafone bricks.
    You were lucky if you could ever make a call - no masts anywhere!

I was being tongue in cheek. maybe a smiley would of helped. The joy of forum posts I suppose as you cant always guage the context.

I actually have an Iphone and an Ipod, however I'm not going to lose any sleep over whether or not the next release is a 4G, 4S, 4xyz, or whatever they choose to call it and I'm not going to lose any sleep other whether its better that an Android or HTC or whatever. Having said that its amazing when you think how far the development of phones has progressed when I consider my first ever mobile phone was the size of a house brick which could not fit into a pocket and people got excited over the polyphonic ringtones. I also appreciate my ipod for the fact that I can carry a large music collection around with me in a very small piece of kit.[/quote]

5. Re: Apple 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan9T9
    Pissed off... ***k apple, im moving to a galaxy S2

RIP Steve Jobs though, a legend.

It seems he was not a nice person
    http://gawker.com/5847344/what-every...out-steve-jobs

I have an iPod but that's all. It's ok apart from the stupid DRM stuff

6. Re: Apple 
    I love my iPhone , the only thing I hate about the whole 'i (insert item here)' series is bloody iTunes, I'd much prefer a more simple drag and drop system rather than having to import all my music and vids into iTunes first, then finding if I haven't got the file structure right I lose any other files on there....

Great piece of kit when its up and running, just a pain in the backside with iTunes, probably when I never really update my music on my iPhone and use a simple £20 2GB MP3 player for running with instead.

7. Re: Apple 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    [quote author=Ryan9T9 link=1317805394/11#11 date=1317924666]Pissed off... ***k apple, im moving to a galaxy S2

RIP Steve Jobs though, a legend.

It seems he was not a nice person
    http://gawker.com/5847344/what-every...out-steve-jobs

I have an iPod but that's all. It's ok apart from the stupid DRM stuff[/quote]

"When it comes to human rights, there is no greater leader than the United States of America,” former White House spokes¬man Scott McClellan once said. He obviously wasn’t referring to US companies like Apple who exploit child labour in the Far East.