Notices

Thread: Libya's Muammar Gaddafi 'killed'

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: Libya's Muammar Gaddafi 'killed' 
    I agree that the pics in the tabloids were too graphic, but I won't lose any sleep over the way Lybians meeted out summary justice to the evil tyrant that was Gadaffi.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

2. Re: Libya's Muammar Gaddafi 'killed' 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb

You really have to live in a country like this where you fear your front door being broken down in the middle of the night by gun-totting soldiers / secret police and some of your relatives being taken away (never to be seen again) to understand what is like to live under this type of regime.

Ah I'm sure everyone said Tito was an evil dictator at the time too but it was only once he died that all the balkan state countries fell apart and we then witnessed (well some of us did!) the genocide that came around when a dictator passed away and all the power he kept fell apart and people wiped each other off the place of the planet, leaving a gap for even worse people like Milosovic to come into place....

Not sure on your background Rabb but have you ever spent any time in warzones or countries where people are going around shooting their neighbours for being a different religion or nationality ? it was like Northerners killing Jocks for living in English towns ...

Power corrupts.... Just because our politicians are voted in doesn't make them nice people either... look at all the things we are sent to do in the name of 'Peace' - read Oil, Lithium , any other natural resource our leaders want our soldiers to go into a country and get our hands on .

The last conflict we entered into that was completely peace keeping and on a humanitarian footing was Kosovo, stopping even more genocide. Since then its been about getting our hands on natural resources under the pretence of stopping evil men...

Would we have helped the rebels and had a bombing campaign to oust Gaddafi had there been no oil fields? Would we hell!

Look at all the collatoral damage caused with civillians getting displaced and killed as a direct or indirect result of conflict between our armed forces and our enemies..... No we are not evil as soldiers but we are following the orders of men who justify their actions in strange ways.... Just as I'm sure Gadaffi did in some ways, granted his actions were more extreme however he will have still used reason to justify what he did !

3. Re: Libya's Muammar Gaddafi 'killed' 
    Diamond Member
    In a futile attempt to restore faith in its global policing operation the US took the lead and released the following statement: The US has urged the Libyan authorities to determine the circumstances of his (Gaddafi) death in an "open and transparent manner."

As if they care? Who is press secretary at the Whitehouse? Barney Rubble?

The US military dossiers, obtained by the New York Times and the Guardian, reveal how, alongside the so-called "worst of the worst", many prisoners were flown to the Guantánamo cages and held captive for years on the flimsiest grounds, or on the basis of lurid confessions extracted by maltreatment.

The 759 Guantánamo files, classified "secret", cover almost every inmate since the camp was opened in 2002. More than two years after President Obama ordered the closure of the prison, 172 are still held there.

Dear Mr President, you don’t need to be a Muslim fundamentalist - the hypocrisy of the US administration is so ‘transparent’, a blind man can see it.

4. Re: Libya's Muammar Gaddafi 'killed' 
    On the up side someone has saved a lot of money that a show trial would have cost and we don't have to listen to the ramblings of a former dictator as we did during Slobodan Milosevic's trial at the hague. Muammar Gaddafi was no doubt guilty of many things, but its irrelevant now, he paid the ultimate price.

We can only hope and pray (if thats your thing) thats life improves for Libyans and they can manage their great opportunity and natural resources which are not just oil.

5. Re: Libya's Muammar Gaddafi 'killed' 
    Fat f***ing chance. Take one despotic dictator out, put another western friendly one in!

Plenty oil!

Simples!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Libya's Muammar Gaddafi 'killed' 
    Banned
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxNeW9UhhO0&feature=player_embedded[/media]

7. Re: Libya's Muammar Gaddafi 'killed' 
    Banned
    Think you have been told the truth about Libya?

“The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses.”
    – Albert Einstein

“There is no such thing, at this date of the world’s history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar weekly salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities, and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.”
    – John Swinton, former New York Times Chief of Staff

“We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries.”
    – David Rockefeller, founder of the Trilateral Commission, in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission, in June, 1991.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUn0dgAOtQY[/media]

Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Dr. Steve Pieczenik Absolute Sure MUAMMAR GADDAFI Is ALIVE – ‘Obama Is An Obsessional Pathological Liar!’

“There’s no way they killed Muammar Gaddafi, that’s not our operating mode and I’ve been involved in 30 years with the takeouts and change the regimes.”

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7yCYamrMzo[/media]

8. Re: Libya's Muammar Gaddafi 'killed' 
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    Im more surprised there was anything left of him??
    entire country is full of ragheads with AK's & RPG's...
    Any need?

9. Re: Libya's Muammar Gaddafi 'killed' 
    Banned
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN0aNsA9ALg[/media]

10. Re: Libya's Muammar Gaddafi 'killed' 
    Diamond Member
    For anyone who is interested, Panorama about the Tyrant tonight.