Notices

Thread: Are things changing?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Are things changing? 
    I think this puts a little perspective on this...I have been in full time employment as a welder ever since I left school, I work on average 44 hours a week, I'm now 51 years old, therefore I have worked for 35 years, in that time I have earned gross... not net... , considerably less than 25% of just one years salary of one of these executives. >
    Hey... If I work for 142 years, I'll earn what one of these execs get in one year. 8-)
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

2. Re: Are things changing? 
    Diamond Member
    What are all these greedy people doing with all this money? “Wallpapering the walls of their “Ivory Towers” with it. You can bet when the wage negotiation talks come around these same people will be calling on their respective workforces to show restraint. Hypocrites of the first degree. > > >

3. Re: Are things changing? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    I think this puts a little perspective on this...I have been in full time employment as a welder ever since I left school, I work on average 44 hours a week, I'm now 51 years old, therefore I have worked for 35 years, in that time I have earned gross... not net... , considerably less than 25% of just one years salary of one of these executives. >
    Hey... If I work for 142 years, I'll earn what one of these execs get in one year. 8-)
    You just might have to work till you are 142 Chris if they keep raising the ritirement age. ;D

4. Re: Are things changing? 
    Platinum Member
    The directors of Britain's largest companies were last night condemned as "elite greedy pigs" for pocketing a 49 per cent pay rise in the past year, while average workers failed even to keep up with inflation.

Unions exploded with fury after the publication of figures that showed how boardroom pay soared in the last financial year, thanks to rising salaries, bonuses and in particular the swelling value of directors' long-term share plans. The statistics, compiled by Incomes Data Services, provide an annual snapshot of executive remuneration, as reported in companies' most recent reports to shareholders, and show that the chief executives of the FTSE 100 largest companies earned an average of £3,855,172 last year. That is an average 43 per cent rise and, adding in other directors, total earnings rose by an average 49 per cent.

They are taking the piss
    It just beggars belief. I wonder how much these big fat cats pay in tax after their cleaver accountants look after their money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15487866