Notices

Thread: Gym bunnies - good deal on....

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Emphasis on MEETING, as opposed to reading someones thoughts on a forum ;D

I might seem like an arrogant wanker at times, but I've got a sense of humour and a thick skin. 2 things you need in sales! Plus, I'm not all bad. Just need to engage brain sometimes before using fingers....
    You do make me smile SF
    I think you sum up yourself really well and very accurately.
    Reading many of your posts you have a great sense of humour and can be very witty, it's just a real pity that you seem to want to put peoples backs up (at the very least) by sounding like a complete tosser who thinks he knows everything about everything most of the time.

It would be great to see more of the former and less of the latter, but I think you quite enjoy upsetting the applecart for some strange reason so I doubt it will happen. Pity !

G

2. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    It's not that I want to. I don't think anybody ever wants to piss people off.

I'm not very good sometimes at putting what I want to get across, into words without sounding like I think I know everything. The truth is far from it. In this particular case, the advice I've been given by more than 1 other trainer, directly contradicts what has been said. What I should have done, is rather than argue the toss, was just to smile and agree and continue to do my own research.

I'm also not very good at knowing when to just STFU! ;D

Sense of humour? Check
    Thick skin? Check
    Long list of 'dad' jokes? Check
    Passion for motorbikes? Check

Knowitall attitude? I'll try and leave that one behind in future...

3. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1318517286/78#78 date=1319632237][quote author=Blackbonnie link=1318517286/76#76 date=1319630557]must not respond... :-X
    Go on... unleash your inner deamon..... [smiley=evil.gif]

Every one else has had their tu'pennies worth here.[/quote]

I don't feel qualified to comment as I only have 23 years experience of high tech International Sales and Distribution without a qualification of any kind to my name. Made it to Company Director and got bought out by Apple though......... ;D ;D
    [/quote]

Yeh, sorry, no piece of paper, no go I'm afraid!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Not to stir the sh*t, but is it possible that there is more than one "right" way to loose weight/stay slim?

Does it have to be MY way is right, your way is wrong?

I am just saying as I know skinny people who can eat for the the entire Olympic team and still be thin and fat people who just think of food and put on weight (this will be my category by the way ;D) , so I can only assume that when it comes to loosing weight the reverse is true i.e. the appropriate/best diet/regime should be based on the individual needs rather than a issuing a blanket one size fits all statement.

I guess that is like saying there is only one good way from Chippenham to Poole, and any other routes are pants!

Snowy wrote Today at 1:51pm:
    "I don't feel qualified to comment as I only have 23 years experience of high tech International Sales and Distribution without a qualification of any kind to my name. Made it to Company Director and got bought out by Apple though......... "

Isn't that the "fruit company" that kills directors with Cancer? ;D Glad you got out in time! (Very poor taste, I know)

Having said the above I think SF is an excellent sh*t stirrer and as you can tell by the length of this thread, he does a great job of getting people to post. I think Dabs should be commended for hiring SF as a Site Traffic Enhancer. Well done Dabs, great marketing move! ;D

5. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis_Sinanan
    Not to stir the sh*t, but is it possible that there is more than one "right" way to loose weight/stay slim?

The first sensible thing said! There are different body types and they need to be trained differently. It also depends what you want to achieve. Usable strength, deffinition, endurance, weight loss.

If you want to be ripped like a body builder you should do the same routine as them right? Wrong!
    Not everyone starts from the same place. Never follow someone elses routine religiously. You need to listen to your body and adapt. Also your muscles get used to being used in a certain way so you need to vary your excercises. I can't over emphasise how personal excercising is. FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.

You are both kind of right but also both kind of wrong. It's got to the point where you are now so focussed on disproving the other that the original thread is completely lost.

I really couldn't give a sh*t how any of you train. Just get on with it and preferably as quietly as possible!

6. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis_Sinanan

+1 Get over it and get on with the training... if the rest of your body was as well exercised as your typing fingers....

:-X
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    must not respond... :-X
    Am going to be a good girl, as promised,and do the same.

8. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    You know as an admin I can always tell when you have made a new thread or post SF, as soon as i log into the forum i get a pop up telling me i have moderator alerts waiting!

Firstly I wouldn't advise anyone taking fitness advice from a forum thread. If you want proper fitness advice then do yourself a favour and go and see someone who knows what they are talking about. I am not an expert, but I believe you can do yourself a fair amount of damage if you attempt a fitness and diet programme without proper knowledge.

It just so happens we have just such an expert, Morticia, she does it for a living, has all the qualifications and experience, and, I have to be honest, the figure to prove it. I am sure she would be more than happy to discuss any health and fitness questions you may have. I thought it important to raise this point as there has been some suggestions that Morticia's ability or knowledge was being belittled. To the very best of my knowledge she is incredible at her job and works very hard for her clients.

With all due respect to SF, he is not a fitness expert. I am not questioning the qualifications of his sources, but I believe that if you have any questions or concerns about what SF is saying then it would be better for him to get his sources to explain their methods and knowledge directly, rather than second hand through someone else. In truth what you are getting is SF's interpretation of what he has been told, read or watched. In my experience getting information about almost anything from someone who has just admitted to 'getting back into it' again and just absorbed a ton of information in preparation is never a good idea.

SF's fitness programme might be spot on for him, but it probably isn't going to be spot on for you, if you follow his advice then you do so at your own risk. Personally I would speak to Morticia, she's much prettier, and if it came to a choice of SF or Morticia showing me how to use gym equipment, I know who i would prefer to see showing how to do those butterfly press thingys.

hmmmmmmm

Morticia, can I book online?
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

9. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 

hmmmmmmm

Or if morticia just emails you a video of her demonstrating...?
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

10. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz

hmmmmmmm

Or if morticia just emails you a video of her demonstrating...?
    I could live with that!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...