Notices

Thread: Gym bunnies - good deal on....

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis_Sinanan
    Phew, all this talk about fitness makes me feel for chocolate (lots of it) ;D Anybody else ??? ;D ;D ;D

PS> I'm not fat, I'm just ballast to keep the front wheel on the ground ....Vroom Vroom ;D ;D

;D

Everything else is shyte

2. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by kev
    [quote author=Dennis_Sinanan link=1318517286/48#48 date=1319489891]Phew, all this talk about fitness makes me feel for chocolate (lots of it) ;D Anybody else ??? ;D ;D ;D

PS> I'm not fat, I'm just ballast to keep the front wheel on the ground ....Vroom Vroom ;D ;D

;D

[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

Prehaps that's my problem on wet roads.... not enough ballast.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=Morticia link=1318517286/40#40 date=1319466722][quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1318517286/33#33 date=1319388049]So do lots of people Dabz....

The difference betwenn them and me being that I guarantee results or your money back, so, unlike you, I put my money where my mouth is. Also, I'm slim and you're not, so I'll stick to my methods if it's all the same to you [/quote]

Slim and beautiful too :-*
    [/quote]

Awwwww, I knew you were my favourite for a reason :-*

4. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Star
    [quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1318517286/50#50 date=1319522337] Morticia may well be a great zumba teacher (or whatever it is that she does, I'm not even sure!)
    Morticia is a PT and a great one at that - I have joined the gym where she works. She is a great inspiration and very knowledgeable ... I, (in my opinion) would listen to any advice she offered.
    [/quote]

Thank you!

5. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    “A person who is good at listening to what others say, a person who has empathy, a person who is open to other views, experience and knowledge is called a GOOD Salesperson.”

Gerry, I’m making a general point - I don’t wish to come across as being antagonistic and it certainly is not my intention to stir up another can of worms. 8-) However, in my personal experience most sales reps who call me at home don’t appear to be very good listeners – even my repeated polite words making it clear that I have no desire to purchase their product, rarely deflects them from their well rehearsed sales pitch. I suppose, like every walk of life there are good and bad salespeople. Unfortunately, there are too many companies who adopt ruthless tactics in order to maximise sales, which tarnishes the image of the profession. Perhaps more sales reps should take a leaf out of your book Gerry. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=Morticia link=1318517286/43#43 date=1319479550]He might win the PT olimpics too, but he still dishes out the wrong advice.
    Yeah, to be fair, with a 6% body fat, he looks like he doesn't know what he's talking about....

Nor any of the other studies that disagree with what you've said. Including the 2 stone I've lost so far...

We must all be wrong?

I'll send you through some of the research into this. Sounds like it could be worth you reading it if you're training people. The science makes for interesting reading.
    [/quote]

Really, there is science involved, I never knew!

7. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    [quote author=Tina link=1318517286/47#47 date=1319489812]
    Hey SF.......you really are a good salesperson ........ once you're told something then thats it...you will not accept other peoples points of view etc....

But she seemed so desperate to prove I was wrong in what I said[/quote]

Wrong again. I just don't want anyone here to read it, think you're right and follow your jibba jabba. And I don't need to prove you're wrong, you're wrong.Period.

8. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    Hey SF.......you really are a good salesperson ........ once you're told something then thats it...you will not accept other peoples points of view etc....

Oh yeah - and saying I obviously don't know anything because I'm fat and she's skinny. I know lots of skinny people - doesn't mean they know everything about weightloss and fitness.
    [/quote]

I follow my methods, am slim and fit, which means my method works. The same cannot be said about whatever training regime you follow.

9. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    it's just I don't trust anyone unless I know they are qualified to advise me. [/quote]

And you're qualified to advise us :

10. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    “A person who is good at listening to what others say, a person who has empathy, a person who is open to other views, experience and knowledge is called a GOOD Salesperson.”

Gerry, I’m making a general point - I don’t wish to come across as being antagonistic and it certainly is not my intention to stir up another can of worms. 8-) However, in my personal experience most sales reps who call me at home don’t appear to be very good listeners – even my repeated polite words making it clear that I have no desire to purchase their product, rarely deflects them from their well rehearsed sales pitch. I suppose, like every walk of life there are good and bad salespeople. Unfortunately, there are too many companies who adopt ruthless tactics in order to maximise sales, which tarnishes the image of the profession. Perhaps more sales reps should take a leaf out of your book Gerry. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Totally agree Ken, but what we were talking about were "good" sales people, not people who flog Dyson's, Double glazing or Financial Services door to door !

My experience of good ones are that they usually sell business to business or high value goods. You can't land a contact to supply stuff to Airports or the MoD (as we do) by just talking over people or spouting from a crib sheet.
    I know a few really cracking people who sell industrial chemicals, very expensive boats (wish we did) and top end cars, all are warm, friendly "listeners" and nothing like the loud know-it-alls you sometimes meet.

I suppose, as in all things, there's a large range out there.

Cheers
    G