Notices

Thread: Gym bunnies - good deal on....

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    Hey SF.......you really are a good salesperson ........ once you're told something then thats it...you will not accept other peoples points of view etc....
    That's true. And it's for a reason - when I do something, I normally spend time researching it first, and speaking to people that I know first hand are experts in what they do. If someone else tells me something that differs to what they say, as far as I'm concerned, until they prove otherwise, they don't have the skills or experience to tell me otherwise.

People see it as disrespectful, or arrogant. And I can understand why. But it's not really - I just don't trust peoples advce unless I know first hand that it's worth taking. Morticia may well be a great zumba teacher (or whatever it is that she does, I'm not even sure!) but I've never actually met her, she hasn't provided any scientific basis for what she's said, that goes against what I know to be true. So why when she tells me that all the other PTs that I've dealt with now and in the past are wrong, should I just roll over and say "oh yeah, you must be right then". You know it just possible, that she could be wrong!

I've said this before -just because someone has a qualification, doesn't mean they know it all, nor does it mean they are incapable of making mistakes.

I may be outspoken, I may 'appear' to be arrogant. But if I'm wrong then I say I am, which is something not many people will do. But I'm not going to think I'm wrng just because someone on a forum that I don't actually know, and have never been trained by, says I am. That would be the really stupid thing to do.

Hopefully Morticia won't be offended by that. It's not personal. But she seemed so desperate to prove I was wrong in what I said, yet the only evidence was her 'money back if it doesn't work' policy. Oh yeah - and saying I obviously don't know anything because I'm fat and she's skinny. I know lots of skinny people - doesn't mean they know everything about weightloss and fitness.

People can think what they like of me. I don't really care. I'm always there for people, I'm always the first to help someone in need (as I'm sure many of the members on here will testify to). People assume I don't listen just because I don't agree. It's not that, it's just I don't trust anyone unless I know they are qualified to advise me.

Anyway, rant over - I'm off to the gym for a run. And no - I won't be eating first! ;D

2. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Pack it in SF, you are really starting to irritate me now. >

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Morticia may well be a great zumba teacher (or whatever it is that she does, I'm not even sure!)
    Morticia is a PT and a great one at that - I have joined the gym where she works. She is a great inspiration and very knowledgeable ... I, (in my opinion) would listen to any advice she offered.

4. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    Pack it in SF, you are really starting to irritate me now. >

BB
    Oh Chriiiisst. You are told. Is VERY rare for BB to get annoyed!

I'd drop it SF.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly

That's true. And it's for a reason - when I do something, I normally spend time researching it first, and speaking to people that I know first hand are experts in what they do. If someone else tells me something that differs to what they say, as far as I'm concerned, until they prove otherwise, they don't have the skills or experience to tell me otherwise.
    so let me get this straight - you speak to people and look at research, and then take the first person's info/first data you read as gospel and write off any subsequent information as incorrect unless they prove to you?

Geez
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

6. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    LEAVE IT!

>
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    You cannot attack someone on the knowledge they have gained from qualifications when the knowledge you have gained is from people you have spoken to and from personal research.

Would you rather go to a doctor who has 'qualifications' or a 'doctor' who has listened to a few people and has done a bit of research??!!
    It's all about the ride!

8. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie
    You cannot attack someone on the knowledge they have gained from qualifications when the knowledge you have gained is from people you have spoken to and from personal research.

Would you rather go to a doctor who has 'qualifications' or a 'doctor' who has listened to a few people and has done a bit of research??!!
    I'm not attacking that. I'm sure Dab'z and Morticia are very professional and extremely knowledgeable.

This pointless arguement is dragging on and going around in circles. As SF has been told to put a sock in it it seems very wrong for Dabz to then continue the arguement.

I think this thread has reached the end of it's life and should be stopped.

9. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    [quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1318517286/46#46 date=1319489180][quote author=Morticia link=1318517286/43#43 date=1319479550]He might win the PT olimpics too, but he still dishes out the wrong advice.
    [/quote]

Hey SF.......you really are a good salesperson ........ once you're told something then thats it...you will not accept other peoples points of view etc....and try to convert everyone to your way of thinking......hehe.....ever thought of becoming a door to door religious salesman.....watch out cos they may find out how good at believing everything you're told and try to enrol you hehe........not being funny but you aren't always right bud
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

Beamer… as a salesman (can’t bring myself to use “salesperson”) for many, many years I need to contradict you (even thought I love you lots) :-*

A person who is good at listening to what others say, a person who has empathy, a person who is open to other views, experience and knowledge is called a GOOD Salesperson.

A person who thinks they know everything, a person who won’t listen and respect to other peoples experience or views and a person who has no empathy and just keeps spouting out the same old stuff is called a COCK.
    You do meet the occasional person like the above in low level sales positions, but they never go anywhere.

I employ one of the most effective salesmen I know and if you met him at the pub you would just think what a nice quiet friendly bloke he was, nothing like the caricatures you get on the telly.

Re SF, I don’t know why you all get so worked up about him, it doesn’t matter how many people try to help him or give him the benefit of their experience he will always know best - it’s just the way he’s made and he can’t help it, some people are just born that way !

Yours chillaxed

Gerry

PS. Re your last post Jon, think "very wrong man Dabz" can write what he likes on his forum - I would ;D

10. Re: Gym bunnies - good deal on.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=rosie link=1318517286/56#56 date=1319527586]You cannot attack someone on the knowledge they have gained from qualifications when the knowledge you have gained is from people you have spoken to and from personal research.

I'm not attacking that. I'm sure Dab'z and Morticia are very professional and extremely knowledgeable.

This pointless arguement is dragging on and going around in circles. As SF has been told to put a sock in it it seems very wrong for Dabz to then continue the arguement.

I think this thread has reached the end of it's life and should be stopped.[/quote]

Ahh but it's my forums so I can do what I want :P ;D :-*
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers