Quote Originally Posted by Gerry

My experience of good ones are that they usually sell business to business or high value goods. You can't land a contact to supply stuff to Airports or the MoD (as we do) by just talking over people or spouting from a crib sheet.

I suppose, as in all things, there's a large range out there.

Cheers
G
Too true Gerry. I'm up seeing one of my customers who is a large airport on Friday, and we have a good laugh about some of the cold calls & emails she gets. And those are B2B!

I can't believe sometimes how some of the sales people I've competed against for business in the past, have ever thought they would stand a chance with the attititudes they've had. Not that anyone here would probably believe it, but when it comes to customers I have 3 things that I live by. Listen, Dress Smart, and Be On Time! Our company has costomers such as BSkyB, RSPCA etc so you would think that in that marketplace, those would be simple rules to follow, yet so many fail to grasp those simple concepts!

You only get one chance to make a first impression, and it's formed within the 1st 30 seconds of meeting someone.