Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
Depends what you want to get out of it. My mate Steve has just made it as a finalist for the Mens Health cover model. He was strict as hell with his diet and training. The irony is, he didn't feel healthy at all. Now it's over he's gone back to a normal "healthy diet" and he's never looked or felt better. He might not have the 8 pack anymore but he's alot fitter.

I Train to build useful strength, doing combination rather than isolation excercises . There's a big difference between gym strength and real world strength. People think that because I have a physical job I must be fit, but the opposite is true. I train at least 3 times a week doing pilates for mobility, circuit training for cv and weights for strength. At the weekends I'm either surfing, mountain biking or snowboarding depending on the season. I eat regularly and watch my saturated fat intake and that's about it. As long as you eat real food and not that processed crap and it's pretty well ballanced, you won't go far wrong.
Food should be a pleasure, not a chore.

Chocolate & mc donalds is my secret, and also the weekly smellyburger which is full of my own flavour And goodness.