Notices

Thread: Watch your dogs!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Watch your dogs!! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Thanks for the warning

If anyone tries to take my dog they need to know that my bite is worst than my dogs >
    Ditto.
    Hope they go for a trained pooch and the get their stealing arses bitten

2. Re: Watch your dogs!! 
    Yeah shame you didn't the van reg.no.

Anyone care to explain why? OK if it's pedigree you need kennel club ??/breed ?? docets to verify the dogs breeding otherwise it's just a dog of no actual breeding value.

Does Joe Turkey just buy dogs from anyone in a pub/ on a corner---how is it done ??--what is plod doing about it if it's a national crime.

What happens to these nicked dogs ? Have heard/read about ending up as local delicacy [a vet was eating out and in a mouthful found a i.d. implant which he scanned and turned out to be one of his 'patients'--told to me by a vet --apparently true ]

Is it a result of immigrants getting hungry for home recipes ?

Seems a bit odd to me but I ain't from Thailand ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

3. Re: Watch your dogs!! 
    It seems that it is working dogs they are targeting, I personally know of 3 cocker spaniels stolen from the wantage area,and a lab from a farm on the ridgeway, A true working dog does not always have to be papered to be worth money, as im all to aware if you pay a 1000 for a 8th gen pedigree there is no guarantee that it isnt gun shy or wont work etc, with it being the main shooting season for just about all game and wild fowl at the moment and is until feburary there are alot of potential outlets for gun dogs, admitably it would be pretty stupid if you bought a dog that no one could tell you the history of and you couldnt tell people about it when they ask but hey that does happen too, as im led to believe they cut the chip out of the dog!?cruel what! The main link to the theifts is a silver VW with a "modified exhaust" thats all the po po say, i hope that helps a bit, iv never typed so much so early lol

4. Re: Watch your dogs!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1319481969/6#6 date=1319546457]Scum!!! >

Lucky escape. Proof I suppose that theiving gits will nick anything that isn't bolted down.

Hope they get what is cioming to them.

Can you get a disc lock for a dog????
    If you saw them doing it you could always tail them, then when you collar them you could dish out some ruff justice. I wouldn't paws for a second..........sorry :-[[/quote]

groan! ;D ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Watch your dogs!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1319481969/6#6 date=1319546457]Scum!!! >

Lucky escape. Proof I suppose that theiving gits will nick anything that isn't bolted down.

Hope they get what is cioming to them.

Can you get a disc lock for a dog????
    If you saw them doing it you could always tail them, then when you collar them you could dish out some ruff justice. I wouldn't paws for a second..........sorry :-[[/quote]

Don't know why I laughed so hard at this

But sorry to hear about your dogs Rossio, I'm glad they didn't manage to take 'em.

6. Re: Watch your dogs!! 
    Cheers Rossio am now somewhat enlightened as to canine abduction 8-)

Dog subject---bit of an unfortunate incident at work
    A work colleague known as 'Armi' -- this due to an ancient chocolate advert about armadillos being smoothe on the outside and thick in the middle or somat like-- was using the JCB and his spaniel was wandering about [bit old but a nice little gun dog]. Unfortunately Armi was not exactly 'on the case' and drove over his own spaniel making it somewhat flat and dead :'( I refrained from any comment due to my caring nature and not wishing to extract the peee from someone in mental trauma

Suffice to say Armi is now favourite to receive the much coveted 'Driver Of The Year Award' 8-)
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

7. Re: Watch your dogs!! 
    Platinum Member
    Thanks for the warning.

If anyone touched my dog - I would not be responsible for my actions.
    He's my boy!
    Once someone threatened to kick him - he soon backed off when I verbally warned him (and I admit that I had to stride towards him a little bit..... - to get my point across.

As far as I'm concerned nobody threatens animals or kids and gets away with it in my company.
    (I operate a zero tolerance factor in these circumstances )