As you may know, Jackie (Jacde) is embarking on a 400 km bike ride through Kenya’s Rift Valley in support of Women V Cancer charities.

She said she would try to keep us posted as to her progress, so I’m starting this in the hope that she can !
I’m sure she will be able to read it at some point so encouraging words may help with keeping her moral up and her mind off her sore bum :-/

She flew into Nairobi Airport at 7.50 this morning and will be transferred to Nyeri and roughing it in The Green Hills Hotel ready for the start of the ride tomorrow (see below).

Some of us waved her and friend Nicky off yesterday from Swindon, and as you can imagine she was both very nervous and excited !

Nicky Daley and Jackie Deininger

Her route is:
Day 1 cycling
Nyeri to Nyahururu (approx 99km) stay in Thomson's Falls Logde
Day 2 cycling
Nyahururu to Nakuru (approx 57km) transfer to Baringo and stay in Soi Safari Lodge
Day 3 cycling
Kabarnet to Eldoret (approx 85km) stay in Eldoret Wagon Hotel
Day 4 cycling
Eldoret to Kakamega (approx 92km) stay in Golf Hotel
Day 5 cycling
Kakamega to Kisumu (approx 53km) stay in Sunset Hotel
Transfer from Kisumu to Nakuru and stay in Hotel Waterbuck
Transfer Nakuru to Nairobi stay in 680 Hotel and then home and a gallon of tea the following day.

If you missed out and wish to give a small donation, you still have time at: www.justgiving.com/nicky-daley

I'm sure it will be a trip of a lifetime for her and wish her the best of luck and lots of fun x

Gerry