Notices

Thread: Knee Op Tomorrow!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: Knee Op Tomorrow! 
    Good news Si, well done. Onwards now to recovery!

Roxy x

2. Re: Knee Op Tomorrow! 
    No prizes for guessing which is the good one...

At least they don't open the knee up like a book nowadays, it's mostly keyhole surgery, but it's still bloody uncomfortable though! Whilst a bunch of WBs are out in the sun enjoying themselves I'm sitting at home dosed up with Ibuprofen and keeping an ice pack on the knee to reduce the swelling. Once that reduces I'll be able to flex it more and do the physio exercises more easily.
    That said, it's comparitively straightforward compared with the reconstruction that Jaydee's faced with. I really don't envy you that mate, but it'll be better than it is now...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

3. Re: Knee Op Tomorrow! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    No prizes for guessing which is the good one...

At least they don't open the knee up like a book nowadays, it's mostly keyhole surgery, but it's still bloody uncomfortable though! Whilst a bunch of WBs are out in the sun enjoying themselves I'm sitting at home dosed up with Ibuprofen and keeping an ice pack on the knee to reduce the swelling. Once that reduces I'll be able to flex it more and do the physio exercises more easily.
    That said, it's comparitively straightforward compared with the reconstruction that Jaydee's faced with. I really don't envy you that mate, but it'll be better than it is now...

love the shaved look...lol

4. Re: Knee Op Tomorrow! 
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblelittleme
    [quote author=Scotty link=1320964143/31#31 date=1321183897]No prizes for guessing which is the good one...

love the shaved look...lol
    [/quote]

;D ;D agree!!

Glad the operation went well. Will be swollen for a while...

How are you feeling and when do you start your physio?

5. Re: Knee Op Tomorrow! 
    looking swollen but ok I guess, the scars will be small so as not to ruin those youthful looking track God legs!! ;D

Glad you're on the road to recovery... I bet jd's will look much better!! ;D

Roxy x

6. Re: Knee Op Tomorrow! 
    Platinum Member
    Speedy recovery!

7. Re: Knee Op Tomorrow! 
    get well soon then fella. You'll be in the 100m hurdles again before you know it
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

8. Re: Knee Op Tomorrow! 
    Cheers guys The shaven looks's all gone kinda stubbly now, though the swelling's no less prominent (oo-er!)
    It is improving though, I can stand on two feet unaided now, but still need at least one crutch to walk, easier with two. The swelling isn't helping exercises at the moment because it makes flexing the knee difficult (and it hurts too :'() but physio proper begins on Friday so I have to do what I can in the meantime to loosen things up, which means mostly sitting in front of the TV (thank God for catch-up TV, V+ and DVDs, daytime TV is absolute pants), reading and sitting at the PC, with some exercises now and then.
    100m hurdles? I was crap at that over 30 years ago, don't think that this'll make me any better.... ;D ;D ;D
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

9. Re: Knee Op Tomorrow! 
    Glad to see your up again. Speedy recovery.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Knee Op Tomorrow! 
    Diamond Member
    Good luck with the physio [smiley=thumbup.gif]