Notices

Thread: Finally!

1. Finally! 
    Diamond Member
    New job is going amazingly well so far!

Got a few days back working at home after a gruelling 3-4 weeks travelling here, there & everywhere! Almost 4000 miles driven in the last month, and all in the most uncomfortable mini seats ever (amazing round town/country roads - most definately NOT a commuter car!)

Time to catch up on my admin, do some housework, and get back to upsetting some of you!*

*Post Disclaimer: This post is meant to be taken lightly, with a pinch of salt. Any offence caused, is purely the fault of the reader, and not the intention of the poster.

2. Re: Finally! 
    that's a LOT of miles to do in a mini!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Finally! 
    Diamond Member
    Tell me, or rather my back, about it! lol

Still, it's going well. Really well actually. If the all the balls land on my side of the court, hopefully I should have brought in almost a million pounds worth of new business within my first 4 months. Have 3 or 4 really great prospect accounts that (for some strange reason) seem to like me!

Just looking forward to having 3 weeks off over Xmas to re-charge batteries, finish getting bike sorted, get some wedding planning done, and see friends & family etc. And spend some time with my poor, abandoned hound!

4. Re: Finally! 
    Is that a BL mini or a BMW one???

Full respect if its a BL mini.....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

5. Re: Finally! 
    Diamond Member
    lmao, no it's a BMW one. But it's 10 years, and 100,000 miles old now. Still drives well though, but if I was buying one myself, I'd have the S version, and have the adjustable suspension firmness option...

If I do actually land some of these accounts, then I'llget upgraded to a new 3 series or A4, but I have to prove myself first. The fact I might not be able to walk by then doesn't carry much weight with senior management!

6. Re: Finally! 
    sounds like a good job to be in mate. My brother does a similar thing for Capita and has just landed a 35k payrise (yes, payrise) and 10k bonus plus another new car for winning bids

worlds away from my world of running a small business!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: Finally! 
    Worlds away from being an engineer.....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Finally! 
    Diamond Member
    Capita are a GREAT firm to work for! lol

The commision structures quite good at our place, but like anything sales related, it takes time to build your customer base, and there are far more 'No thankyous' than there are 'Yes pleases'!

But I'm kind of my own boss, which is nice - I get out what I put in, hence the long days, long journeys and lots of work in my own time

9. Re: Finally! 
    Platinum Member
    Good to hear of someone doing well in these dismal times. Now get spending! It's up to you to keep our economy afloat
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation