Notices

Thread: Little things that annoy you?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    Boy racers in 900cc cars trying to race me on my bikes then driving of convinced they beat me.
    no little boy it's just not worth the hassle of wiping the floor with you.
    Agreed, totally.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    Boy racers in 900cc cars trying to race me on my bikes then driving of convinced they beat me.
    no little boy it's just not worth the hassle of wiping the floor with you.
    At first I agreed with this then remembered (just about) back to when I was a nipper and I may have, just once or twice, tried to 'race' everything on the road even though most weren't racing. I didn't have a Ford Capri with modded motor, bigger carb, hand sprayed go faster stripes and Rostyle wheels or LC with Allspeeds and K&Ns used for baiting anyone on a big Jap bike, definitely someone else

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Depending on your bikes age and nationality
    if you want a challenge, Moto Guzzi V50 brakes.
    I bought a project a few years ago. changed rear caliper, pistons, seals, hoses, master cylinders, fluids and still couldnt get bled. for those ho dont know, front brake lever stops front right disc and foot brake does rear disc AND front left disc.

only other pig was one of the BMW ABS systems, along with bleed nipples on calipers , there are 6 to bleed on the ABS tank. when you get a bike in to change hoses or do full service including brake fluid you really wonder why???

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelers View Post
    I bought a project a few years ago. changed rear caliper, pistons, seals, hoses, master cylinders, fluids and still couldnt get bled. for those ho dont know, front brake lever stops front right disc and foot brake does rear disc AND front left disc.

only other pig was one of the BMW ABS systems, along with bleed nipples on calipers , there are 6 to bleed on the ABS tank. when you get a bike in to change hoses or do full service including brake fluid you really wonder why???
    iv got a guzzi California and I must admit the 1st time I bled the brakes on that the linked brakes confused me abit. I think it's quite a good system now I'm used to it though.

Yes, I had a Benelli 350/4 years go and that had linked brakes. Also quite a few friends in the Guzzi club so know what you mean
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Most of big Hondas have CBS for years (Combined Brake System), which is even more complicated than Guzzi's. No matter which brake you using it always work on all discs, just with different force. Bleeding that is a bit fun. As there is valve in between front/ rear circuit.
    I found the best way is to start with the longest line. I loved when it works on my old Varadero :-)

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    Dawdlers and browsers in supermarkets , breezing around the place like they're in the Feckin' Louvre . You've gone in there for tea bags and potatoes , GET ON WITH IT !!!
    Ha ha ha, love it
    Everything else is shyte

Chatterbox
    Nudgers

Utter feckin dickheads that, just as you approach the junction that they're sat waiting to exit, nudge forward a couple of inches or so.

I mean, WTF is that about ?

Do they want to see you grab a handfull of front brake and quite possibly end up on your arse ?

Are they considering some sort of SMIDSY manoeuver ?

Why can't they just sit still ?

Twats.

Everything else is shyte

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Nudgers

Utter feckin dickheads that, just as you approach the junction that they're sat waiting to exit, nudge forward a couple of inches or so.

Do they want to see you grab a handfull of front brake and quite possibly end up on your arse ?

Twats.

yep nudgers deserve a place on here.
    I'd also like to add creepers.
    you know, the tosspots who can't keep still next to you at traffic lights and
    just slowly creep forward over the white line at 1mph, then invariably once the lights
    change to green either stall the engine or happen to be looking elsewhere and
    still hold people up behind them.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 11-12-17 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Nudgers

Twats.

Totally agree, sometimes I think they do it to to test your sphincter reaction!