Notices

Thread: Customer service

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Customer service 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    It was probably an accident - oops can I say that :P

I think I must be a stud cos most of the ladies at the checkout in Asda ask me, "Would you like help with packing my Lover?" :-* ;D

Call me what you like but not when Man u's on the box. ;D
    ;D;D;D

Love, dear, buddy, mate, pal etc. It's all the same. It's just something to cal someone to be nice, when you don't know their name. It tends to be looked down on by people who believe they are above that and somehow demand more respect than everyone else, while most of us just carry on and say 'no worries bud' because we realise that just like us, the people who work in shops are human.

I firmly believe in treating others how I'd like to be treated. I don't mind being called mate or love etc, so I have no issue using those phrases.

(I can see how this threads going to end up going already, so on that note - I'll bow out of this conversation! )

2. Re: Customer service 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=monday21 link=1325628635/9#9 date=1325697509]It was probably an accident - oops can I say that :P

I think I must be a stud cos most of the ladies at the checkout in Asda ask me, "Would you like help with packing my Lover?" :-* ;D

Call me what you like but not when Man u's on the box. ;D
    ;D;D;D

the people who work in shops are human.

I firmly believe in treating others how I'd like to be treated. I don't mind being called mate or love etc, so I have no issue using those phrases.

[/quote]
    Don't try and turn this into a class thing. NOBODY is more working class than me!

You're absolutely right. You should treat people how you LIKE to be treated and not how you DON'T MIND being treated.

3. Re: Customer service 
    Diamond Member
    Aid mate I was only joking and having a bit of banter I don't really care what people call me-bet quite a few call me worse than mate under their breathe. ;D ;D ;D 8-) 8-) 8-)

4. Re: Customer service 
    He was obviously part of the Sainsbury's basics staff team. Whenever anyone calls me mate or any equivalent name, I'll respond in a condescending way just so they know they are of inferior intellect to me.

5. Re: Customer service 
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry87
    Whenever anyone calls me mate or any equivalent name, I'll respond in a condescending way just so they know they are of inferior intellect to me.
    Who the f*ck are you, the new Oscar Wilde, "Nothing to declare but my genius"?

Don't make assumptions of a person's intellect based on their place of employment. When I was at Uni I worked in a supermarket, as did a number of other undergraduates, therefore your argument is null.

Besides, a cocky "condescending" (at least you can spell it correctly) response is likely to get you a slap, utterly deserved too. ;D
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Customer service 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    [quote author=Harry87 link=1325628635/13#13 date=1325712146]Whenever anyone calls me mate or any equivalent name, I'll respond in a condescending way just so they know they are of inferior intellect to me.

Don't make assumptions of a person's intellect based on their place of employment. When I was at Uni I worked in a supermarket, as did a number of other undergraduates, therefore your argument is null.

Besides, a cocky "condescending" (at least you can spell it correctly) response is likely to get you a slap, utterly deserved too. ;D[/quote]
    I would like to think he was refering to their stunted vocabulary rather than their job.

I too worked for Sainsburys while getting my diploma as was spoken to like crap on many occasions.
    I never once lost my composure and resorted to being offensive.
    It is possible to offer good service without being subservient

7. Re: Customer service 
    Diamond Member
    Yer mate, I worked in ASDA when I was a yoof and it never did me any arm.
    (except for a mild fondness for stolen chocolate éclairs and pro-plus pills as we were locked in whilst on the nightshift) anyways, wots a undergraduated ???

G

PS: I too dislike being called (by gentlemen I don't know) mate, boss, pal, chap, chappie or bud. Quite happy for ladies to call me love, hunny or hun though - must be my age

8. Re: Customer service 
    lol keep calm and carry on Scotty ;D

Unfortunately for you, you now look silly. You have read two separate statements I made in my post, and presumed they were connected. The first statement, was a joke linking the 'basics' food range Sainsbury's sell to this 'mate' user; that he belonged in that range from the way he acted and retorted. I never associated working in supermarkets to intellect lol : The second statement shows my standing in this topic, that I do not like being referred to by these names. You really jumped the gun there.

9. Re: Customer service 
    actually today at work , some guy addressed one of the women, as "mate" , which left her and myself a bit startled.. let's just say it really didn't suit her personality or age etc, but i really don't mean that in a negative way to her, as I think she is truly lovely. It's just that it seemed completely inappropriate, and on the verge of rude.. Which i believe was the message intended by some of the posts on here..

10. Re: Customer service 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    [quote author=Harry87 link=1325628635/13#13 date=1325712146]Whenever anyone calls me mate or any equivalent name, I'll respond in a condescending way just so they know they are of inferior intellect to me.

Besides, a cocky "condescending" (at least you can spell it correctly) response is likely to get you a slap, utterly deserved too. ;D[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

Go for it scotty!!!!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"