Do you believe retailers should take responsibility for the ofers and promotions they push, or is the responsibility solely on the consumer to make good choices regardless of of advertising & discounts?

This issue came to light a few years ago when someone tried to sue McDonalds for making them fat.

But I am thinking on a slightly different angle - GWs at the moment, have a range of Shoei helmets, that would normally retail at £350-£400, on offer at £99. Bargain? Yes if your head is XXXS, or XXXXL! But for those among us who have 'normal' sized heads, but for such quality at such a cheap price, would be prepared to take an ill fitting helmet, then not really.

Yet I still saw people on Saturday either squeezing their heads in, or having helmets that were clearly too large, and considering buying it anyway.

Are we better off without these people in the gene pool? Or Should the retailer be taking more responsibility and refusing to sell a helmet that doesn't fit properly?

My opinion is divided between the 2 camps, although weighted more heavily on the side of the fact that IF IT DOESN'T FIT DON'T BUY IT!!!! But there will still be people that are on tight budgets, that won't take any responsibility for themselves and are blinded by such a great offer.

Should the retailer refuse a sale????