Notices

Thread: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    I dont like Topics... Prefer a Snickers... ;D

2. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Did anyone see the programme on BBC1 last night about the West Mids Police’s Dangerous Dogs Team? Very interesting, interspersed with news footage and interviews with the family of a 4 year-old from Merseyside who died after being savaged by a pit bull-type dog – they were all very upset, yet none of them blamed themselves for allowing the dog anywhere near a small child. Plenty of (sob) “Oh he’d never done anything like that before” (sob, snivel) – do they need a warning FFS?
    The remainder of the programme was dedicated to the DDS relieving various tattooed f*ckwits (© Billy Connolly) of their illegal “fighting breed” dogs.
    I have a cat and have no idea of where he has a turnout – he has a catflap and comes and goes where and when he pleases. It’s not like I can follow him around at 3am is it? If he dumps on the neighbours’ lawns I’m very sorry about it, but short of keeping him indoors 24/7 there’s nothing I can do about it. At least most cats bury theirs, if it’s out in the open it’s normally associated with territory marking – dogs piss over everything in sight and how often do our WB dog-owning community apologise to anyone for that? At least they’re obliged to clear up after them nowadays, though some dog owners still see the streets and parks as a free latrine for their animal. If I find out the address of the owner who lets their dog crap on my front lawn now and then, they’ll get it back, probably through the post... > (and before anyone says “how do you know it’s not a cat?” – there aren’t any cats in our neighbourhood capable of passing turds that size!)

I’m no expert on the subject and didn’t know there was a difference between cat’s p*ss and Dog’s p*ss. :P ;D

I think it’s unfortunate that this thread appears to have turned in to a cat versus dog debate. As Roxy rightly said, there are pros and cons associated with both felines and canines. :-/

3. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Diamond Member
    Have to agree with you Ken re cats v dogs.

Pros: Dogs
    Cons: Cats

G

4. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Lmao

What about the pets V humans question ??

Now that is a can of worms............don't you think hehe !!

Hmmm answers on a postcard (If you can fit the pro's and con's on one)

I shall leave that one open for debate

(and it is still on topic I do believe)

5. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkie1986
    I dont like Topics... Prefer a Snickers... ;D
    I prefer Marathons (Snickers) too!
    - God that shows my age.

6. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Diamond Member
    Dogs are pets. They have an owner/master who is responsible for them, and can be insured against causing any damage.

Cats are classed as wild animals. You can't get them insured against public damage, and you can't be held liable for any damage that they cause. They have a provider, but not an owner/keeper.

I only found this out recently when I changed Rossi's & Rolo's insurance recently....

7. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Was it Eddie Izzard who was credited with saying "dogs have owners, cats have staff"? Sums it up really... I provide him with food and shelter and a warm lap to occupy the moment I sit down anywhere. His previous staff said that he's not a lap-cat... Bollocks isn't he, never known one like it :
    He keeps me amused though, but he don't take no ****, no way - ask Basil... ;D ;D ;D
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Iam a member of staff.... Dont staff get paid.....

So let me get this right i am actually a slave to my Cats....

Thought so...

That was a close one, thought id been missing wages.... :P

9. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Was it Eddie Izzard who was credited with saying "dogs have owners, cats have staff"? Sums it up really... I provide him with food and shelter and a warm lap to occupy the moment I sit down anywhere. His previous staff said that he's not a lap-cat... Bollocks isn't he, never known one like it :
    He keeps me amused though, but he don't take no ****, no way - ask Basil... ;D ;D ;D
    I have to agree.

Em and I have two Cats, they own the house, we just keep them fed and amused. They have very different personallities, one of them is quite devoted, sits on your lap, comes when called wants attention. The other..... does at it pleases.... and lets you know when it is not amused.

Great animals!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    how odd that you feel the need to dislike someone because of something they have in their life !! 8-) ;D
    I dislike spiders and snakes but dont feel the need to 'hate' their owners because of it.
    Have you forgotten the useless dog owners that allow their dogs to foul the footpaths and grass areas without picking it up?????? They do still exist...I should know !!! :P :P :P :P
    If your neighbour allowed their snake to go where it pleased and it ate your cat and took a dump on your lawn, you would be entitled to be pissed off. It's no different.
    It's all about being responsible for your pets and respecting other people around you.
    To a cat owner it's inconceivable that somebody would have a problem with a cat, and that's my point.
    If you like something that's fine, but why should everyone else have to suffer as a result.

I know I said I hate cat people, but there's always an exception to the rule