Notices

Thread: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1327263661/38#38 date=1327415549]The cat subject has come up on here a few times before.
    I dislike cats but I don't hate them. They are only doing what comes naturally to them.
    I do however hate cat owners.
    They are the most selfish people on the planet and have the strange need to own something but without the responsibilty.
    I'm sure some of you are reading this and saying "not me, I'm responsible" yes you! It's just that you don't realise it. You get to play with it, have it sit on your lap and be all cute.
    I'm the one who runs the mower through it's crap, gets woken up at 3am because you locked the catflap and has to see the birds i've watched hatch get ripped apart as they learn to fly.
    You want something to cuddle, talk in a stupid voice to but not actually look after? Buy a doll!

Every so often one of the red tops runs a story about cats being poisoned in certain areas and people are baffled "why would someone do this? Who could be so cruel?"

The blame lies firmly with the owners.
    So now we have gone full circle so to quote a wise man form Swindon "there are no bad 'cats', just bad owners.

Anyway, back to the dog thing.......

Dan, a hypothetical scenario for you to consider:

Just imagine that you fell head-over-heels for the girl of your dreams. You are lying next to her after consummating your relationship and she informs you that she owns a cat.

Would you tell her, ‘it was over’ because you don’t like her pussy?

:P ;D[/quote]
    Been there Ken......Twice!

2. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Q. I was told the other day when out walking my dog that it is now the law that my non-working dog must be on a lead when on a walk in the country.
    A. Possibly...a little known law was introduced in 2010 in England so that such dogs must be on leads on "open access land" from 1st March to 31st July. "Open access land" is indicated on Ordnance Survey maps.

I found this this morning, maybe of interest to some.

3. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    House cats use litter trays and never go outside...that's fine if that's what you want from your pet but most cats grow up, stop using a litter tray and then go outside to **** all over the place.. :-?

Yes there are some awful dog owners who don't clear up after their dogs, I have an open line to council connect because I complain about it so much but the vast majority of responsible dog owners wouldn't dream of leaving dog mess in public...How many cat owners follow thier beloved felines around to clear up after their cats have defecated all over neighbours gardens?? :-?

This topic is a massive can of worms and we could all argue/debate and put forward our pros and cons for both sides........Love or hate dogs or cats, they both have bad things going for them. I just see the cat **** over my garden, in my flower borders and in my lawn mower when I miss it in the grass, it's foul and that's why I hate cats [smiley=laugh.gif] I don't own one, never want to and yet cat owners 'expect' me to clear up after them...if I owned a dog would I expect someone else to pick up my dog mess?? NO.

4. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Did anyone see the programme on BBC1 last night about the West Mids Police’s Dangerous Dogs Team? Very interesting, interspersed with news footage and interviews with the family of a 4 year-old from Merseyside who died after being savaged by a pit bull-type dog – they were all very upset, yet none of them blamed themselves for allowing the dog anywhere near a small child. Plenty of (sob) “Oh he’d never done anything like that before” (sob, snivel) – do they need a warning FFS?
    The remainder of the programme was dedicated to the DDS relieving various tattooed f*ckwits (© Billy Connolly) of their illegal “fighting breed” dogs.
    I have a cat and have no idea of where he has a turnout – he has a catflap and comes and goes where and when he pleases. It’s not like I can follow him around at 3am is it? If he dumps on the neighbours’ lawns I’m very sorry about it, but short of keeping him indoors 24/7 there’s nothing I can do about it. At least most cats bury theirs, if it’s out in the open it’s normally associated with territory marking – dogs piss over everything in sight and how often do our WB dog-owning community apologise to anyone for that? At least they’re obliged to clear up after them nowadays, though some dog owners still see the streets and parks as a free latrine for their animal. If I find out the address of the owner who lets their dog crap on my front lawn now and then, they’ll get it back, probably through the post... > (and before anyone says “how do you know it’s not a cat?” – there aren’t any cats in our neighbourhood capable of passing turds that size!)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick
    House cats use litter trays and never go outside...that's fine if that's what you want from your pet but most cats grow up, stop using a litter tray and then go outside to **** all over the place.. :-?

Yes there are some awful dog owners who don't clear up after their dogs, I have an open line to council connect because I complain about it so much but the vast majority of responsible dog owners wouldn't dream of leaving dog mess in public...How many cat owners follow thier beloved felines around to clear up after their cats have defecated all over neighbours gardens?? :-?

This topic is a massive can of worms and we could all argue/debate and put forward our pros and cons for both sides........Love or hate dogs or cats, they both have bad things going for them. I just see the cat **** over my garden, in my flower borders and in my lawn mower when I miss it in the grass, it's foul and that's why I hate cats [smiley=laugh.gif] I don't own one, never want to and yet cat owners 'expect' me to clear up after them...if I owned a dog would I expect someone else to pick up my dog mess?? NO.

If my Cat did a Doo Doo in your garden Rox, i know he would do the right thing and bury it. I have never seen another Cat bury there poo and believe my cat to be polite and considerate.

Cat Lover Mike

6. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkie1986
    [quote author=roxychick link=1327263661/52#52 date=1327487400]House cats use litter trays and never go outside...that's fine if that's what you want from your pet but most cats grow up, stop using a litter tray and then go outside to **** all over the place.. :-?

If my Cat did a Doo Doo in your garden Rox, i know he would do the right thing and bury it. I have never seen another Cat bury [s]there[/s] thier poo and believe my cat to be polite and considerate.

Cat Lover Mike
    [/quote]

;D ;D cheers Mikkie ;D ;D The other thing that drives me mad is tom cat wee...that stinks!

Dog Lover Rox

7. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Yeah but Tom cats dont use a shovel!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

8. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 

shoot them all! ;D ;D

9. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    > > Freddo now lost!

10. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 

ah but the Wham bar has still got my name on it Rookie! ;D ;D

Do you want to bet that Freddo we get told off and instructed to get back on topic! ;D

Roxy x