Im very sorry but as a mother I would not be happy if I come across a dog roaming free where any children are likely to be...no matter how soppy or soft they are......Connor had a bad experience with a friends dog and I am extremely careful about him around any dog

Im sure lots of people have wonderfully well trained dogs but in any public place they should be on a lead. Take them to a field away from people and let them run etc...there are loads of places that are dog walks......and I dont go to them because we may come across one that will be scarey and undo all the hard work I have put in trying to help Connor get over his fear....Im sure once he is bigger it will be easier but having a 'lovely' chocolate lab jump on his back and dig its claws in him leaving deep scratches down both sides has left a lasting impression.

So if you let your dog off its lead please be aware some people will take offence and get cross because of previous incidents with dogs off leads and that will stick with them no matter what the owner may say.

Probably stereotyping but at the end of the day my childs welfare will come first. (Hence we do not tend to go for walks where there may be loose dogs.)

P.S. I am a dog lover too...but I will not own one...took me long enough to come round to having a kitten lol