Notices

Thread: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaDog
    [quote author=Rossio link=1327263661/77#77 date=1327640017]Out of interest aiden how much is it to insure your lab?
    I pay about 18 pounds to insure my Lab with Virgin Pet Insurance, however I have taken out their most expensive package so there are cheaper options out there but you don't get as much cover. I'm not going to be a tightwad when it comes to the health and well being of my hound.

I have probably already claimed back more than what I have paid due to Archie having to have an lump removed from his back leg. An operation that cost over 600 pounds. Apart from the 80 pound excess Virgin paid up in full with no probs whatsoever.[/quote]

Ditto. The cheaper options tend not to cover continuing conditions.

2. Re: Is it time for dog owners to take the lead? 
    You boys got it easy! for my spaniels its 49 each a month and the huntaway is 47 a month, and as dd says iv got my money worth out of them too, The spanels pay for themselfs from oct to feb tho so all is good,
    You cant get caught up on a 5th gen paperwork tho, any paperwork for that matter, a good example well i know of quite a few actually, regardless of hip and shoulder scores and eye scores etc and they can and prob will still get problems, my boss has a golden retriver,5th gen and 1000 pound purchase price,she is 1 year old and already shows the signs as do a couple of the labs on the shoots at various places,
    Another good one is rage syndrome in spaniels, but funnily enough its prodominent in the "show" lines, the dog switches of and who ever is closes is in big trouble, it is fairly rare but its only there because of a quest for perfection, pretty shallow really, There is something to be said for non pedigree dogs tho, The huntaway is effectivley a mogral, the breed was "made" many many moons ago and the only time hes broked down is when he was too slow to dodge a bulls back foot, but actual health wise nothing.
    I must say iv enjoyed this thread, thanks WB's