Notices

Thread: Any Freemen here??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Any Freemen here?? 
    Think it's more a case of questioning it properly rather than understanding it properly...

Anyway - I've put in my 2 cents worth - I'm moving on...

2. Re: Any Freemen here?? 
    Diamond Member
    The contributors to the site make some interesting observations and valid points. I would err on the side of caution though as there is obviously an agenda here.

No, I don’t believe that I’m a free man, but that doesn’t mean that I’m about to give up the fight for freedom. :

Reading the articles on the site reminded me of some of my own past struggles against the ‘establishment.’ One example:

In the wake of the sickening Dunblane massacre Michael Forsyth the then Secretary of State for Scotland commissioned Lord Cullen to carry out an inquiry in to the events surrounding the tragedy. On completion of the report and in accordance with one of Cullen’s recommendations Forsyth initiated a pilot scheme, erecting 10ft security fences around the perimeters of ten schools across Scotland. The Highland village where I lived at that time was recognised as one of the ten most deprived areas in Scotland and you guessed it – our “Community School” (official title) was one of those selected for the fencing programme.

At weekends, summer evenings and holidays I would often wander up to the school grounds to have a kick about with the kids of all ages – well that was up until the Highland Council (HC) locked us out from our football pitch with a security fence, which cost a “Kings ransom” and would not have been out of place around a prison.

Faced with a mob of angry kids, I took it upon myself to take up the cudgels on their behalf with the aim of ensuring that the gates to the school grounds remained open out of school hours. To this end my first port-of-call was the Chairwoman of the school board. She advised me, “The school was the property of the HC education department and they reserved the right to keep the gates locked.” In an attempt to gain an ally I retorted, “You are wrong, the school and every other HC building belongs to us.” No joy there then.

Next port-of-call was a meeting with the highest ranking official at the education department. Two weeks after the fence was completed and a week before the meeting a big whole appeared in the fence – peace for the residents and joy for the kids.

During the meeting with the council official, he asked me, “Do you know the culprit who cut the School fence.” I replied, “If I did I would shake his/her hand.” With a shocked expression, he said, “I am very surprised that you would condone vandalism Mr Glass.” I responded, “I would never condone vandalism, but I fully support any non-violent action which is necessary for the residents of our village to regain access to a facility which belongs to us and which we have enjoyed since the community school was built 30 years ago with our money.” As far as I am aware, the kids still play on the pitch out of school hours.

Next time an ‘establishment’ official tells you, “You can never beat the system.” Remind him/her who the system belongs to.

3. Re: Any Freemen here?? 
    Kev's a free man......well I let him think he is hehehehehe (after hes emptied the bins and done the washing up of course) hehehe ;D

4. Re: Any Freemen here?? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    Kev's a free man......well I let him think he is hehehehehe (after hes emptied the bins and done the washing up of course) hehehe ;D
    Why does he wear a neck scarf then? To cover up the peck scars? lol ;D ;D ;D

5. Re: Any Freemen here?? 
    hehehehehe...no i put them where they dont show ken ..........when he reads this I think I may get a bit of a slap hehe :P

6. Re: Any Freemen here?? 
    Interestingly enough i have just checked the "ownership" (log book) for my blackbird. It clearly states on the front that I am not the owner of the vehicle. I am the person responsible for its roadworthy condition etc and registered keeper. So i guess i dont own it after all! >
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

7. Re: Any Freemen here?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellybambam
    It clearly states on the front that I am not the owner of the vehicle.
    Are you sure about that..?

My log book just says that the Registered Keeper is not necessarily the legal owner...

8. Re: Any Freemen here?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by @bj
    [quote author=Nellybambam link=1327503031/15#15 date=1327703216]It clearly states on the front that I am not the owner of the vehicle.
    Are you sure about that..?

My log book just says that the Registered Keeper is not necessarily the legal owner...
    [/quote]

Maybe you still have an old style log book? they are red now and do say that this document shows who is responsible for the vehicle and not who owns it anymore...... bloody stupid isnt it