Notices

Thread: Kitten Throwing !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: Kitten Throwing ! 
    Quote Originally Posted by roxychick
    [quote author=Jon_W link=1328661384/16#16 date=1328707938]You have to post pictures of yorself tossing a dwarf or a kitten!!! ;D
    notice I said 'throwing' and not 'tossing' !!

Roxy x[/quote]

;D ;D ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: Kitten Throwing ! 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    Kitten Tikka anyone. ;D
    Sounds tasty
    Probably already tried it without knowing ;D

3. Re: Kitten Throwing ! 
    I love the idea of watching a 'tossing' contest......there's certainly a few I can think of who would make excellent 'tossers'..............I'll go in for the pancake tossing contest lmfao......Im ace with a frying pan hehehe !!!!

While we're at it why dont we have an alternative olympics day lmao......oh what fun we could have..........wet sponge throwing, Water balloon 'shot put', 3 legged race (me and snowy lmfao) wheelbarrow race .......oh there's bound to be more........thinking caps on everyone.........

The way I look at it theres nothing wrong with a bit of diversity on the forum.......its the way of the future.........weirdo's and oddballs united I say !!!!

;D : :P 8-) :P

4. Re: Kitten Throwing ! 
    I think cats are better than kittens. The longer tail makes for better leaverage=a further toss...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

5. Re: Kitten Throwing ! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    I think cats are better than kittens. The longer tail makes for better leaverage=a further toss...
    I think you make a good point there, although as cats are going to be heavier this would offset the better levererage gained.
    I'll do some research as there must be an equation that takes weight ~ tail length into concideration somewhere.

Saying that, you would also get a better grip on a bigger tail and it would be less likely to come off in your hand, lifes so complicated sometimes :-/

G ;D

6. Re: Kitten Throwing ! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    ;D ;D ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Kitten Throwing ! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    [quote author=Mark_Able link=1328661384/23#23 date=1328734066]I think cats are better than kittens. The longer tail makes for better leaverage=a further toss...
    I think you make a good point there, although as cats are going to be heavier this would offset the better levererage gained.
    I'll do some research as there must be an equation that takes weight ~ tail length into concideration somewhere.

Saying that, you would also get a better grip on a bigger tail and it would be less likely to come off in your hand, lifes so complicated sometimes :-/

G ;D[/quote]

Here you go G,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trajectory

8. Re: Kitten Throwing ! 
    Diamond Member
    One of my cats has 6 claws on each foot (its a local inbred thing). She's a really cool cat and I'm sure could be trained to help matters whilst in flight. Due to the extra toe each of her paws are wider than normal so my thinking is that she could place all four out in a gliding position in a similar way that long jump skiers do. I'm sure the extra glide would enable her to travel that few extra feet and maybe make for a softer landing

9. Re: Kitten Throwing ! 
    Diamond Member
    Many thanks Jon, this was very useful

--------------------
    WIKIPEDIA The free encyclopaedia: Consider a particle of mass m, moving in a potential field V. Physically speaking, mass represents inertia, and the field V represents external forces, of a particular kind known as "conservative". That is, given V at every relevant position, there is a way to infer the associated force that would act at that position, say from gravity. Not all forces can be expressed in this way, however.
    The motion of the particle is described by the second-order differential equation
    dx(t) over dt2 = -V(x(t)) with x = (xyz)

In effect a ginger Tom would be better than a skinny Persian on a windy day.
    On the right-hand side, the force is given in terms of , the gradient of the potential, taken at positions along the trajectory. This is the mathematical form of Newton's second law of motion: force equals mass times acceleration, for such situations.
    -----------------------

G

10. Re: Kitten Throwing ! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    One of my cats has 6 claws on each foot (its a local inbred thing). She's a really cool cat and I'm sure could be trained to help matters whilst in flight. Due to the extra toe each of her paws are wider than normal so my thinking is that she could place all four out in a gliding position in a similar way that long jump skiers do. I'm sure the extra glide would enable her to travel that few extra feet and maybe make for a softer landing
    Sorry to hear about your mutant cat Snowy, I think I've seen similar problems in the Trowbridge area, but only when people wear sandles & no socks in the summer :-/

Whilst I can understand your "gliding" theory, I'm not sure a more compact streamlined "missile" form wouldn't go further.
    Do you think you may be able to train it to tuck it's legs and feet in behind it and stick it's chin out sort of Superman fashion in time for summer ?
    Just a thought !

G