Notices

Thread: Bus driver jailed for attack on cyclist

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Bus driver jailed for attack on cyclist 
    Banned
    A bus driver who used his bus like a 'weapon' to knock a cyclist to the ground has been jailed for 17 months, a court official said. Gavin Hill was shown on CCTV in an exchange with cyclist Phillip Mead before he lurched the bus sharply into the cyclist's path, throwing him from his bike

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2...ideo?fb=native

2. Re: Bus driver jailed for attack on cyclist 
    Saw this....

Nearly killed him!!!!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: Bus driver jailed for attack on cyclist 
    Diamond Member
    Shocking..! What was the Bus driver thinking of. >
    Lucky the cyclist wasn't killed

4. Re: Bus driver jailed for attack on cyclist 
    Platinum Member
    17 months !!!!
    I hope he has a nice cell mate.

5. Re: Bus driver jailed for attack on cyclist 
    i hate cyclists..(im a truck driver),..especially ones like in the video,..who ride deliberately in the middle of the road,.thus making it impossible for large vehicles to pass

however,..what he did is beyond belief and in no way excusable,..he should be going down for 10 years,...but cyclists should open thier eyes to this,..it REALLY infuriates professional drivers who have work to do,..and if they snap?..well the result is there for all to see

6. Re: Bus driver jailed for attack on cyclist 
    Totally agree Del

7. Re: Bus driver jailed for attack on cyclist 
    Quote Originally Posted by dell_boy
    i hate cyclists..(im a truck driver),..especially ones like in the video,..who ride deliberately in the middle of the road,.thus making it impossible for large vehicles to pass

however,..what he did is beyond belief and in no way excusable,..he should be going down for 10 years,...but cyclists should open thier eyes to this,..it REALLY infuriates professional drivers who have work to do,..and if they snap?..well the result is there for all to see
    He was deliberately pissing the bus driver off because of an earlier incident where the bus nearly hit him.
    Remember what they say "Big vehicle, small dick" now i'm off for a spin on my mini moto

8. Re: Bus driver jailed for attack on cyclist 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=dell_boy link=1329851364/4#4 date=1329934853]i hate cyclists..(im a truck driver),..especially ones like in the video,..who ride deliberately in the middle of the road,.thus making it impossible for large vehicles to pass

He was deliberately pissing the bus driver off because of an earlier incident where the bus nearly hit him.
    Remember what they say "Big vehicle, small dick" now i'm off for a spin on my mini moto [/quote]

So your saying that swinging a 10 tonne bus at the cyclist was justified and measured responce? :-?

What you guys forget is the shear fear element of being cut up on a cycle, especially by a HGV of a bus.

I had an incident in the autum, coming back from Seend toward trowbridge, I got to the top of the bends about to enter th first bend when I hear the screaching of brakes behind me and look to see an articulated piling into the corner overtaking. I slam my brakes on, but still have to pile into the verge to avoid the rear of the trailer.

That put the fear of God into me.... and I've have had a polite word with the driver if I could.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: Bus driver jailed for attack on cyclist 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1329851364/6#6 date=1329947419][quote author=dell_boy link=1329851364/4#4 date=1329934853]i hate cyclists..(im a truck driver),..especially ones like in the video,..who ride deliberately in the middle of the road,.thus making it impossible for large vehicles to pass

Remember what they say "Big vehicle, small dick" now i'm off for a spin on my mini moto [/quote]

So your saying that swinging a 10 tonne bus at the cyclist was justified and measured responce? :-?

.[/quote]
    Who said what now?

10. Re: Bus driver jailed for attack on cyclist 
    Diamond Member
    Wether the Cyclist was in the middle of the road or not. The road is a 2 lane carriageway.... The driver pulled out to pass then slammed into the guy.