Notices

Thread: Belstaff a 'British' embarrassment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Belstaff a 'British' embarrassment 
    I recently bought a Belstaff Tourist Trophy jacket as I needed a winter coat, I like the look of them and I had more money than sense.
    I've had it less than 3 month and already one of the belt loops has come off along with one of the buttons.

A few of my friends own Belstaffs and they've all had the lining rip or stiching fail.
    I expect a jacket costing over £400 to last a little longer to be honest especially as it was oringinally designed for trials riding.

Their slogan is 'English designed and made since 1924' well it turns out that it's actually owned by an Italian company.

Is nothing sacred!

2. Re: Belstaff a 'British' embarrassment 
    Would have thought the garment quality would be very high considering it is Italian owned :-?.
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

3. Re: Belstaff a 'British' embarrassment 
    Platinum Member
    Did you contact them?

4. Re: Belstaff a 'British' embarrassment 
    I managed to fix the button myself (I don't just lay bricks) by the time I sent it off and they faffed around with it, summer would be here and I wouldn't need it.
    The mate with the failed stitching did and they said they couldn't fix it and gave him a refund.
    They used to be a British intitution, now it seems they're just trading off of their name.

5. Re: Belstaff a 'British' embarrassment 
    Platinum Member
    Ahh British institutions, do you drive an Allegro too? :P

6. Re: Belstaff a 'British' embarrassment 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    I recently bought a Belstaff Tourist Trophy jacket as I needed a winter coat, I like the look of them and I had more money than sense.
    I've had it less than 3 month and already one of the belt loops has come off along with one of the buttons.

A few of my friends own Belstaffs and they've all had the lining rip or stiching fail.
    I expect a jacket costing over £400 to last a little longer to be honest especially as it was oringinally designed for trials riding.

Their slogan is 'English designed and made since 1924' well it turns out that it's actually owned by an Italian company.

Is nothing sacred!
    'Along with one of the buttons' Did it rust?

7. Re: Belstaff a 'British' embarrassment 
    No they're brass poppers. The whole thing came off.

8. Re: Belstaff a 'British' embarrassment 
    I bought a Belstaff waterproof some while back. First outing in the rain and the thing failed big style. Absolutely soaked to the skin. Terrible quality. Vowed i would never ever wear anything with their name on it ever again. >

"the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

9. Re: Belstaff a 'British' embarrassment 
    Diamond Member
    I had one of the wax cotton jackets in the late 70's which was lovely and greasy and waterproof ;D Guess it was British still at that point. Not had anything since but good old Ewan and Charley used them on the RTW trips. Thats probably why they're so expensive now.

10. Re: Belstaff a 'British' embarrassment 
    When I worked at Plowrights Motorcycles in Trowbridge in the mid 70's we sold the Belstaff Trialmaster waxed cotton suits... they sold like hot cakes... they were indestuctable!!
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'