Notices

Thread: Mobile speed traps

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Mobile speed traps 
    Platinum Member
    Google Lti 20-20, they clock you coming or swing round and get you going, it cosy me £550 to find that out

2. Re: Mobile speed traps 
    Banned

3. Re: Mobile speed traps 
    To be fair - I should have known better...

It's me own fault if I do get one - There was a lot of other traffic on the outside lane so hoping I may have been hidden.

I thought they had to make it obvious that they are there... They were hiding behind the bridge upright and the sign.

Guess I'll just sweat it out for the next 2 weeks...

4. Re: Mobile speed traps 
    Diamond Member
    Newsflash: no plate on the front, but they have a picture of you in your leathers speeding from the front. A quick glance at your plate as you go past gives them enough info to pnc you. Now they have the power to enter your home and take your bike and leathers as evidence if they feel they have a good id and you don't play ball. They don't need your plate in the picture to send you a ticket. And by law now, you have to identify yourself if its you riding. You can lie, but if they investigate further and get enough evidence, the fact you lied will make it worse. There are examples of this happening with successful convictions....

5. Re: Mobile speed traps 
    I was told that what they tend to do is if they catch the same bike several times, they send a car out to wait for the bike and pull it the old fashoned way.

Agreed about the Batheaston Bypass..... is a pain in the ar5e!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Mobile speed traps 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Newsflash: no plate on the front, but they have a picture of you in your leathers speeding from the front. A quick glance at your plate as you go past gives them enough info to pnc you. Now they have the power to enter your home and take your bike and leathers as evidence if they feel they have a good id and you don't play ball. They don't need your plate in the picture to send you a ticket. And by law now, you have to identify yourself if its you riding. You can lie, but if they investigate further and get enough evidence, the fact you lied will make it worse. There are examples of this happening with successful convictions....
    Former energy secretary, millionaire Chris Huhne will receive a £17,000 tax-free payoff after quitting the Cabinet to fight charges of perverting the course of justice.

It is alleged that his then wife Vicky Pryce accepted responsibility for a speeding offence in Essex in order to spare him penalty points on his licence.

Don’t think this guy got his car seized at the time and if found guilty of the alleged offence, will he be forced to pay back his severance pay?

7. Re: Mobile speed traps 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    Agreed about the Batheaston Bypass..... is a pain in the ar5e!
    The number you used in arse is not the regulation font and the straight bit isn't straight enough. 3 points and £60 fine i'm afraid ;D

8. Re: Mobile speed traps 
    I got caught by that van on the A4 I'm now £80 poorer (but at least A&S constabulary are not £80 richer - I got the offer of a speed course instead so no points either)

It's been there once a week for the past couple of months...
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

9. Re: Mobile speed traps 
    A speedo indicated 60 is only around 54 at most, if you are that worried take out a satnav and check it out, personally GW i wouldn't be worried.

10. Re: Mobile speed traps 
    Platinum Member
    I was done driving a car along the A4 - nine years ago.
    72 in a 50mph zone - fair cop - 3 points / £60 fine
    Gutted.