Notices

Thread: * The Scale of the Universe

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
  1. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Politics and religion (and football teams).... a few of the biggest causes of disagreement I know of

But even so, I am a firm believer in choice !! Luckily in this country and a few others we have a choice in which 'God', faith, religion or football team we follow.
    No-one has the right to tell you that you are wrong. People that knock on my door to 'sell' me their 'God' really get my goat and I find it irritating and intrusive.
    If my own 'faith' has got me this far in life and keeps me 'sane' (ish) then I shall continue the way I am.
    Everyone is entitled to their views but I would find it offensive to be told I am wrong......how do they know my views are wrong and theirs are right?

By the way Mitch, God doesnt murder, approve of rape etc etc.........ordinary people do that...in His name........Its Human Beings that do all the damage to other Humans, not God, Allah or any other being that people believe in. They are following words that have been written by other Humans which have been adapted over the years..like fairy tales. ;D ;D ;D

2. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Platinum Member
    Has anyone seen the scale of the universe thred ?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=me2H7Ja93Wg

3. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    Politics and religion (and football teams).... a few of the biggest causes of disagreement I know of

But even so, I am a firm believer in choice !! Luckily in this country and a few others we have a choice in which 'God', faith, religion or football team we follow.
    No-one has the right to tell you that you are wrong. People that knock on my door to 'sell' me their 'God' really get my goat and I find it irritating and intrusive.
    If my own 'faith' has got me this far in life and keeps me 'sane' (ish) then I shall continue the way I am.
    Everyone is entitled to their views but I would find it offensive to be told I am wrong......how do they know my views are wrong and theirs are right?

By the way Mitch, God doesnt murder, approve of rape etc etc.........ordinary people do that...in His name........Its Human Beings that do all the damage to other Humans, not God, Allah or any other being that people believe in. They are following words that have been written by other Humans which have been adapted over the years..like fairy tales. ;D ;D ;D

Tina, Yes God does murder, according to the bible, his book, it's 2,476,633 people he killed, and that's just in his book!

Have a quick scan of this page http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm shocking.

4. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Interesting thread, not 'a believer' myself, just can't seem to make the whole 'all seeing being' thing make sense, bit of a fatalist I guess. IMO all of a bit of accident, we're here in physical form for a few short years then back to base atoms, make the most of it while you're here, try not to p**s too many people off and leave your friends and family with a warm feeling when you're gone.
    If I'm wrong and our 'spirit' moves to a higher plain after death I hope any higher being is broad minded enough not to let my non-beliefs in their/his/her/its existence leave them with a grudge ;D
    Having said that I'm not a deep thinker on the subject (or many others ) but do like to see a well thought through position clearly explained in a non-pushy manner - keep 'em coming SF

5. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Diamond Member
    Mitch - you do have a point. The old testament God & New Testament ones seem to be very different. And there is a lot about the bible, and God, that doesn't make sense. Which why I don't believe it wholeheartedly and without question. A position that makes no sense to non believers, and, doesn't sit well with most christians either...

I just believe what I believe, and try to do no harm to anyone, and hope that in the end, it's enough... If it's not, then I will have to join you guys in the party downstairs! ;D

6. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Mitch - you do have a point. The old testament God & New Testament ones seem to be very different. And there is a lot about the bible, and God, that doesn't make sense. Which why I don't believe it wholeheartedly and without question. A position that makes no sense to non believers, and, doesn't sit well with most christians either...

I just believe what I believe, and try to do no harm to anyone, and hope that in the end, it's enough... If it's not, then I will have to join you guys in the party downstairs! ;D

And don't forget SF, "The good die young." I will be the world's oldest living person then. ;D

7. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly

Ach, i'm not having a go at you, i can see many on here probably think that.

I do find it strange how a book like the bible, can be called gods word, yet some Christians take the bit's they want, and disregard other bits. To a non believer like me, i see the nutjobs like Fred Phelps as proper christians, and the people like you as scared of science, in so much as you want to believe science, but it's all a bit too much, so you fall back on explaining the world as Gods work. A small step, and a couple of good books, see 'The God delusion' and 'magic of reality', and you'll be onside SF

8. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Gotta say I'm ****in enjoying this

Always good bollocks when you bung in some religious beliefs and/or politics 8-)

'opens another tinny'
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

9. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

10. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Platinum Member
    This isn't a spectator sport, pitch in, let us know if you believe in trolls/fairies/elves or eskimo's!