Notices

Thread: * The Scale of the Universe

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. * The Scale of the Universe 
    Banned
    This should keep you busy for 5 mins

http://htwins.net/scale2/

Amazing to think that some people say we are the only planet with life on it ;D

2. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Platinum Member
    If you look at ALL the factors needed on our planet alone to support life as we know it, it's amazing life exists at all. What amazes me, is some people are not amazed by the wonder of planet earth, and believe sky fairies created it all

3. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    That's great.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    If you look at ALL the factors needed on our planet alone to support life as we know it, it's amazing life exists at all. What amazes me, is some people are not amazed by the wonder of planet earth, and believe sky fairies created it all
    Interesting... I happen to believe in God, and personally, it find it a lot more difficult to believe that world around us happened as a 'coincidence of epic proportions'. In my own opinion, there must be some greater force at work - whatever that happens to be...

I don't necessarily believe that God made the world in 7 exact days, or that every biblical word is to be taken literally, which is partly why I don't go to church anymore as so many christians are spoon fed stories and take them (excuse the pun) as gospel! They don't like it much when you question them, and point out any number of inconsistencies in the factual, and spiritual points raised in the bible!

Mind you, people dont like it much when I question anything full stop.... :P

5. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Platinum Member
    SF, why do you belive in God?

Is it the science is too much to take in, and believing in God is easier?

What greater force can you need than evolution?

Not taking the piss or trying to start a bustup...shorty Just interested in why people feel the need to believe in something that has no basis in fact.

6. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Diamond Member
    Evolution is only a theory... One that I happen to belive in I might add.

I actually think science and religion can exist side by side, but you have to take different parts in context of historical timelines and facts.

I have a number of reasons for believing in God, none of which I'm going into on here btw! I don't believe the bible word for word though - it was written by men after all, and the bible itself says that there are no perfect men.... If there were, we wouldn't need God!

7. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    I don't believe in god but when I got into a tank slapper at 90mph, on the wrong side of the road with a lorry coming towards me there was only 1 'person' I was asking for help and it wasn't Charles Darwin.

8. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    Evolution is only a theory... One that I happen to belive in I might add.

I actually think science and religion can exist side by side, but you have to take different parts in context of historical timelines and facts.

I have a number of reasons for believing in God, none of which I'm going into on here btw! I don't believe the bible word for word though - it was written by men after all, and the bible itself says that there are no perfect men.... If there were, we wouldn't need God!
    Common misconception, scientific theories are mostly proven facts. Evolution whilst a scientific theory, is also fact.
    I wonder when god created dinosaurs, did he do that in his own image too?

9. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    I don't believe in god but when I got into a tank slapper at 90mph, on the wrong side of the road with a lorry coming towards me there was only 1 'person' I was asking for help and it wasn't Charles Darwin.
    Superman?

10. Re: * The Scale of the Universe 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    ;D ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"