Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
Wrong on a couple of counts there Ken:

Grey squirrels (aka American Tree Rats) are responsible for the decline of our native Red Squirrels for two reasons:
1. They are larger and more aggressive, displacing the reds and over-running their habitat.
2. Grey Squirrels carry the parapox virus to which they are immune, but Red Squirrels succumb quickly to it.
Yet another example of mankind ****ing around with nature, Grey Squirrels are not native to Europe and should be culled and eradicated so our own species can re-establish itself (give me a .22 rifle and enough ammunition and I'd happily spend my time doing just that).

Secondly, contact with Rats' urine can be fatal - in the drought of 1976 a number of still waters (lakes) were closed to anglers due to the risk of contracting Weils disease from increased concentration of Rats' piss in the water and on the shorelines. Ransome Road gravel pit in Northampton was one such water that I was prohibited from fishing at the time.

The drawbacks of quoting something random found on-line elsewhere, especially if it's bollocks. :
+1 although running around in the woods with the 12g is much more exciting i live in fear of weils (vile) disease, disgusting vermin luckily there are about 60 cats at the farm and only ever seen 1 rat, fyew, i wouldnt be any good on im a celebrity i tell you!