Notices

Thread: Can you remember when fuel was 89p a litre?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: Can you remember when fuel was 89p a litre? 
    I remember when I paased my car test (coughs 20 years ago) that Diesel was about 45p a litre and petrol was always 4 or 5p more expensive... I got back to UK in 2005 and it was just under a quid a litre then, having been in tax free germany where I got 10 litres for £2 this was enough of a culture shock, but nearly a £1.50 a litre just takes the micky, since when did it cost £20 to fill a bike up ? I used to be able to fill the car up for that fgs > oh and I remember when it was all just fields round here too.... Worthers Original anyone ?!?!?

2. Re: Can you remember when fuel was 89p a litre? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Painted in tyre letters 8-)
    The things we did when were were young.. :-[

Actually the rear tire was an Avon Venom. I used to get tires fitted at a little shop in Swindon called Bills Tyres.
    I went in one saturday to get a new rear tire and he had just taken delivery of the Brand new Avon Venom. Avons new performance tire for superbikes. Up till then the Roadrunner was the best they did.

It cost me about 40 quid - next day it was the club bike racing at Colerne airfield and I remember parking it up and a sad little group formed around the bike.

"Cor... Its one of them new Avon Venoms! Wot does it andle like mate?

Yes we were really sad back then :-[

3. Re: Can you remember when fuel was 89p a litre? 
    Good ole' road runners..... brilliant tyre!!! Shame they replaced it with the Road Rider.... not so good.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Can you remember when fuel was 89p a litre? 
    Diamond Member
    I had Pirelli Phantom's on my CB900F most of the time but just had a look in the garage and its got Michelin's on at the moment - must be 20 years old at least. Had plenty of Roadrunners on the smaller bikes.

5. Re: Can you remember when fuel was 89p a litre? 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    Can you remember when fuel was 89p a litre?
    Nope ;D

Everything else is shyte

6. Re: Can you remember when fuel was 89p a litre? 
    Hey listen up you load of whingers and whiners! I happen to think that the more we pay in taxes the more benefits we get back, in terms of wind farms, coastal walkways, liberal democrats, pensions for bearded council employees, reduced bin collections, non-productive civil servants' salaries and gold plated pensions. So rejoice! Your taxes are being used to good effect............Yeah Right!!!!!!!! :-/