Notices

Thread: "I can fly without wings."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: "I can fly without wings." 
    Well done and keep it up, I stopped just over 2 years ago after smoking everyday for 37 years. If I can do it anyone can

2. Re: "I can fly without wings." 
    Well done - one year for me this month - after more years than I care to mention on Marlboro Reds...

I still miss them - but to succeed you need a motivational factor - mine was/is still to be able to reach the top of any mountain in snowdonia without too much difficulty in 20 years time...

As opposed to be struggling to move from one room to the next - as with some people of that age I've witnessed...

3. Re: "I can fly without wings." 
    good man, keep it going [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

4. Re: "I can fly without wings." 
    Its hard, but keep a small stash of your quitting kit just in case. I still have the lozenges for those moments of temptation, I do break occasionally but I know how hard it is.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

5. Re: "I can fly without wings." 
    Diamond Member
    Try Red Bull gives you wings...!!!. Well done Ken [smiley=thumbup.gif]

6. Re: "I can fly without wings." 
    flying without wings ----- don't you mean .... falling :

7. Re: "I can fly without wings." 
    Diamond Member
    My free NHS quit smoking kit arrived in the post today. I assembled the house money box - Advise anyone to build the bloody thing before you start to quit. >

Had to have a few puffs of my plastic nicotine aid to calm me down, but I didn't buckle grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: "I can fly without wings." 
    Platinum Member
    It's an ordeal alright, but one you must go through, keep at it.

I smoked for 20 years until 2005, tried everything to quit, but lacked the willpower. What worked for me was NHS group therapy, 8 weeks similar to AA meetings, but for smokers. You buddy up with someone, to give mutual support, but my buddy had just had a triple heart bypass, and wheezed like a 60 a day age 80, he was 44, and quit quitting at week 3, he's dead now. Don't give up, giving up.

9. Re: "I can fly without wings." 
    Good on you Ken for giving up the fags. Your short term discomfort will be far outweighed by the eventual long term benefits. If I was in your situation my motivating factor would be the knowledge that by not smoking you are denying Scameron tax, even if the amount is negligible, plus the savings made will by that new bike.

Keep up the good work.

10. Re: "I can fly without wings." 
    Diamond Member
    Funny you should say that Chris, I was a bit reluctant to admit that the massive tobacco tax rise in the recent budget was a motivating factor.

I know it’s an extreme case of ‘cutting of your nose to spite your face’ but one of the reasons I never tried to give up before now was because I was told to by the politicians. :-[

I guess I’ll always be,”A rebel without a cause.” :

Anyway, the Tories tax take will be down by over a grand in the next financial year.