Notices

Thread: 1 Year On...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 1 Year On... 
    It's a year ago today since I signed up on this forum - not really expecting anything - just thought I'd give it a go...

Many Sunday ride-outs later plus a few other events - it's been a great social biking year & I can honestly say my association with this site has been life changing...

I've gotten to know many great people - too many to list here but you know who you are...

This forum also played a part in raising my awareness of green laneing. (I knew there was something I was missing living in Wiltshire - but just couldn't put my finger on it...) I seem to be turning feral...

So well done Dabz for kicking off and staying with a very successful social experiment - also the others who donate their time to fostering this community.

Who would have thought forums & motorbikes go so well together..? A year ago - I hadn't given it any thought - but it seems they do...

2. Re: 1 Year On... 
    Amen to that Brother! 8-)
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: 1 Year On... 
    Quote Originally Posted by @bj
    It's a year ago today since I signed up on this forum - not really expecting anything - just thought I'd give it a go...

Many Sunday ride-outs later plus a few other events - it's been a great social biking year & I can honestly say my association with this site has been life changing...

I've gotten to know many great people - too many to list here but you know who you are...

This forum also played a part in raising my awareness of green laneing. (I knew there was something I was missing living in Wiltshire - but just couldn't put my finger on it...) I seem to be turning feral...

So well done Dabz for kicking off and staying with a very successful social experiment - also the others who donate their time to fostering this community.

Who would have thought forums & motorbikes go so well together..? A year ago - I hadn't given it any thought - but it seems they do...

[smiley=thumbup.gif]

Best forum on the net

4. Re: 1 Year On... 
    Thanks

I think WB has been life changing to a huge number of people, myself included, and while I can take credit for starting it and getting the forums online the rest is down to the members rather than me! Such a great bunch of people, always something happening. I love how WB includes road bikes, touring, off roading, track riding, advanced stuff and the odd classic thrown in to boot.

http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: 1 Year On... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    and the odd classic thrown in to boot.
    That's no way to talk about Jon W.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

6. Re: 1 Year On... 
    Chatterbox
    WB rocks

8-) 8-)
    Everything else is shyte

7. Re: 1 Year On... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    [quote author=Dabz link=1335178147/3#3 date=1335178483] and the odd classic thrown in to boot.
    That's no way to talk about Jon W.... ;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

I'm not THAT odd......... ;D ;D ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: 1 Year On... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=Squashed_Fly link=1335178147/4#4 date=1335179249][quote author=Dabz link=1335178147/3#3 date=1335178483] and the odd classic thrown in to boot.
    That's no way to talk about Jon W.... ;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

I'm not THAT odd......... ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

No?

;D ;D

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

9. Re: 1 Year On... 
    Not quite a year since i joined just checked and it was july 5th and in that fairly short space of time since bringing the bike up to wilts from cornwall and getting involved with WB Ive met a lot of absolutely cracking folk and had had some pretty awesome times in what was quite a low spot in my life to put it mildly Thanks All its been a real lift !!! [smiley=thumbup.gif]

10. Re: 1 Year On... 
    Best thing I did was joining this site, WBers do rock!!
    It's all about the ride!