Notices

Thread: Are shoppers in Bath better off?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Are shoppers in Bath better off? 
    Problem with Bath is that there is so few fuel stations, so those that are there charge more.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: Are shoppers in Bath better off? 
    Platinum Member
    I would expect rents in Bath are more expensive so there is a plain justification for costs being higher.

Bath has a mixed population like any other city. There are people in hostles as well as celebirties like Nicholas Cage.

The garage in Box 5 miles to the East is pretty good value. I filled up at £139.9 with unleaded this morning and they consistently supply you with 2p per litre off vouchers.

So yes inner city it's higher, but I would think that's largely due to rents in Bath.
    I work in Bath and my collesgues come from all around e.g. Bristol, chippenham, westbury, Bradford-on-Avon, so the people buying petrol i.e. commuters, do not necessarily live in the city.

3. Re: Are shoppers in Bath better off? 
    Banned
    I can't believe people buy fuel from Trowbridge lodge or the garage in Hilperton :-?

4. Re: Are shoppers in Bath better off? 
    Think you'll find Ken that they 'talk' to each other about prices within each area which explains different prices... not that it is supposed to happen :-?
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

5. Re: Are shoppers in Bath better off? 
    Banned
    There was a woman selling handmade wicker baskets at Bradford market, she was doing quite well so decided to try selling them at Marlborough market but didn't have anywhere near as much luck as she did in Bradford.
    Then someone told her she was too cheap for the people of Marlborough and to put her prices up.
    She did that and sold loads :-/