Notices

Thread: England Manager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: England Manager 
    Diamond Member
    Before the guy has even taken up the post of England manager the champion of the gutter-press the Sun is mocking Roy Hodgson’s speech impediment today. >

Give the man a break!

2. Re: England Manager 
    Odd how they connect a speech impediment to an ability to be a good manager? They obviously have nothing else to stick against him.......arses that they are
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

3. Re: England Manager 
    On a winner whatever happens isn't he 8-)...plenty o' cash and when he gets the boot will have a cosy retirement ..not exactly the most demanding role is it :P

IMO he is too old and will do nothing---- let's get a younger ex-pro in the job--plenty to choose from
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

4. Re: England Manager 
    Diamond Member
    Some resoponsibility falls on the England players to acutally go out onto the field & play. Any manager whether in sport or business relies on his "team" to deliver. Just hope the senior players, Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand get behind the manager & support him.
    Only time wil tell... :

The last time the FA put the popular choice in charge he quit after 7 games. Kevin Keegan couldn't handle the pressure :

5. Re: England Manager 
    I must first own up to not liking football, and not watching it. To me the world cup in the summer is an ideal opportunity to ride the motorbike!

but...

It always strikes me that if England win a game, the players are great and the word title (insert as appropriate) is ours for the taking. However when the same team looses, it's the manager and he needs to go, was always a bad choice, can never get the players support etc....

What also strikes me is the attitude of the clubs and players. In other sports playing for your counrty is an honour for which you have to work f***ing hard. If you do not perforn you are dropped. The club you are with are likewise honoured to have one of their own representing the county and bend over to assist. In football, it seems that "england duty" as I've heard it called gets in the way of playing for the clubs and neither the clubs or the players like it.

Now I profess full and total ignorance, but it all seems ar5e about to me.

:P :P
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: England Manager 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    To me the world cup in the summer is an ideal opportunity to ride the motorbike!
    good point Jon! ;D
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....